Respected Contributor

Re: The Snowblower 12/22/2019

@1Snickers wrote:

I got the blower last year, and live in VA. We only had a dusting so I bought it and never used it. The battery is probably dead now, will need to charge it. 
  I can't ski any more so don't want snow!

Our is electric, so we bought a 100' extension cord that reaches to the ends of our sidewalks.

Respected Contributor

I live UP North and have to have a plow service. I do still have to shovel the deck and around the garage. I have seen the ones with cords but did not want that feature. Sometimes the back aches. Lol. I have a weed wacker with a similar battery and love it. I only hope I can I can put it together as some reviewers have had problems. I am not too handy, but can use a screwdriver. 

A better idea would be to be a Snowbird like many. I survive facing the cold and snow.

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia  I’m like you about up and down on the floor.  I got two fake knees done at the same time 2 years ago.

Don’t have any trouble with them but I do baby them.

One of My projects for the next few weeks is to charge the battery and get the kerosene heater ready in case I need it.  I have an all electric house.  When we built it there wasn’t a choice.

I used to use a kerosene heater downstairs in the rec room a.ong with a fire.  I’m really good at building ire’s.  My late husband stunk at it.  Ha!

If you live in Va you are probably familiar with the country roads all around the Virginia countryside.  I love Virginia.  It’s a beautiful state.  I love the various seasons.

The damp winter months are terrible on my arthritis but I still love it here.

Take care fellow Virginian.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Eileen in Virginia  I’m like you about up and down on the floor.  I got two fake knees done at the same time 2 years ago.

Don’t have any trouble with them but I do baby them.

One of My projects for the next few weeks is to charge the battery and get the kerosene heater ready in case I need it.  I have an all electric house.  When we built it there wasn’t a choice.

I used to use a kerosene heater downstairs in the rec room a.ong with a fire.  I’m really good at building ire’s.  My late husband stunk at it.  Ha!

If you live in Va you are probably familiar with the country roads all around the Virginia countryside.  I love Virginia.  It’s a beautiful state.  I love the various seasons.

The damp winter months are terrible on my arthritis but I still love it here.

Take care fellow Virginian.

@Annabellethecat66 With the exception of a couple of teeth, I still have all of my original parts (knock on wood). But I am getting creakier as time passes. We live in Northern Virginia and we love it here. If you drive west for an hour, you come to some of the most beautiful country imaginable. The humidity's definitely an issue. Growing up, I thought we had humidity in Philly until I moved to Virginia. Thank God for central air! We have forced hot air heat and an electric kitchen, so I stock up on sandwich supplies whenever they forecast a blizzard or severe thunderstorm. We thought about moving back to Philly when we retired, but we just love it here and decided to stay. Take care. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 🎅🏼 🎄 🎉 🥂

Respected Contributor

I hire a man to plow my drive, walk and sidewalk for snowfalls of 2" or more.  Unaware there was a battery operated version, I bought the electric SnowJoe last year, for smaller snows.   Like you, @Annabellethecat66 , we didn't get enough snow last year to use it even once.  And so far, not yet this year either.   I am not complaining--it wouldn't bother me if I never got the chance. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I won’t buy their products after falling for the claims on the leaf vacuum TSV and realizing it didn’t work on lawns as demoed. CS refunded the original shipping, so that was good, but I sure wasted time putting the thing together and then getting it cleaned and repackaged. Ugh. However, any weather magic that the snowblower has sitting in the OP’s foyer is fine by me!

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG   We are in the same boat.  I'd like to try that sucker out...but then again that pesky other side of my brain (the smarter side) says, "Annabelle!  Be careful what you wish for...that puppy can sit there til...(well another day)."  Ha!

My friend who does all of the plowing with his huge John Deer gets a little older every year (75 now).  I worry about his health.  He's a good ole' country boy from way back.  My family heritage is a combination of 'city folks' meeting 'country folks'.  

He reminds me of my 'country folks'.  One day I'll tell you guys when I (the 'city folk') had to spend one week a year with the 'country folk'....

Hint!  Yepper, it was a big of a catastrophe as you'd imagine.

Anyway, I hope you are having a nice Holiday.

I've found as I've gotten old(er) and 2 of my girls live in different states, I enjoy some quiet in my QVC clustered house (boxes...they drive me crazy).

I'll be meeting up with my oldest daughter and grandchildren and my son-in-law's family from California tomorrow.

I was invited to the Christmas Eve get-together at son in law's mom's house but I'm happy here with my two cats (Bill and Katie).

I tell my girls to do everything and build those memories while they're young and their families are young...go go go while you have the stamina.

I'm perfectly happy these days going out when I choose and the rest of the time enjoying putzing around the house.

Be safe and like I tell my girls, "Walk tall and realize how lucky you are for you are female and that's the best God has to offer".

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We live in the mountains (6500 ft) and snow isn't unusual (it's supposed to snow most days this week). Our neighborhood roads are plowed routinely so we bought a small corded blower ten years ago.  All we need to clear is a triple wide driveway and it works great.

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

I got the blower last year, and live in VA. We only had a dusting so I bought it and never used it. The battery is probably dead now, will need to charge it. 
  I can't ski any more so don't want snow!

Used to live in rural VA and first year there we had 3 ft of snow. There I was with a long driveway unprepared.  Younger male neighbor used his tractor to clear the snow that year so I bought a generator and snow blower and never needed it again. 

These days I'm in an over 55 community and in addition to clearing roads, if it snows 4" or more they use our landscape company to shovel individual driveways and sidewalks but I've only seen that happen once in 3 years.