Respected Contributor

I totally agree on the media HYPE..they ran with it..BIG TIME..all day coverage lol

Respected Contributor

I also liked the travel ban..safe for everybody as I read people on FB witching and moaning..not liking to be told they could NOT travel and they were not going to listen..one person went out and got mad that starbucks was closed..seriously??

It was better for First Responder AND everybody to stay OFF the roads.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:

You know I was thinking with all the coverage of this yesterday, you'd think these are the only people that live in the United States!!! I just hope that next time the folks in the South and Coastal States have severe tornadoes and hurricanes (that can kill you) they get as much coverage as this "Blizzard of 2015" in the Northeast!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

How heartwarming!
{#emotions_dlg.glare}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 muttmom said:

I know of nowhere in the path of this storm that ended up with barely a dusting. This snow was light and dry, unlike the heavy wet snow we had last weekend. It snowed and blew for hours on end.

Someone I know that lives in the QVC area, that was in the path of the storm, didn't even get an inch of snow.

Super Contributor

Oh really?! Come out to Suffolk County, Long Island, where we got over 2 feet of snow!! You want to snow blow and shovel out my driveway, dead end and 4 cars?!

Super Contributor
On 1/28/2015 luvpoos said:

Well were we live it was a big blizzard, 3+ feet of snow. Much damage to homes along the coast because of flooding ocean water. Massive power outages. It was not a snooze fest at all. You're lucky if you weren't affected too much.

Hope you fared Ok, luvpoos. Are you on the coast in Kingston? SOme of the pictures from Scituate and Marshfield are scary.

We lost cable, internet and phones but not power so we missed the wall-to-wall coverage. We did evacuate our DIL and Grandkids from neighboring Pembroke up here to Quincy because they all had the flu and we didn't want a repeat of NEMO when they couldn't get out of their house (1/4 mile driveway) for 3 days (were sick then, too) and had no heat or phone service.

I appreciate all the work the meteorologists do to keep us safe and informed. The road along the beach here was flooded so without advanced warning, we wouldn't have been able to stock up and hunker down. This year we were well prepared and though we are still digging out here we managed to stay warm.

Honored Contributor
You've got another on the way. We had several inches here in NM last night and today with more predicted for tonight. Big storm, and it's to move East and eventually affect the Mid-West and East Coast. Mountains are getting 12-18".
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

A few days ago while flipping around three local stations, it was clear that the meteorologists did not want to give an expected snow total. They all said that it definitely would snow, that it will accumulate, that it could be significant, but to me they did not want to commit yet.

Super Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Kachina624 said: You've got another on the way. We had several inches here in NM last night and today with more predicted for tonight. Big storm, and it's to move East and eventually affect the Mid-West and East Coast. Mountains are getting 12-18".

Yeah, LOVELY! Another 4 to 8 inches Monday morning.