Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Sky Just Opened Up !

@catter70   DD called me Wednesday on her way home and asked if the news said anything about a fire. She said she could see smoke quite a distance away but couldn't tell exactly where it was.

I saw tonight that fire is in it's 4th day.

Scary stuff.

Regular Contributor

Just west of Philly, the skies surely just opened up! So glad though because earlier I went to the store and my car was covered in a fine film of dirt, living in new home construction area. I call it Jesus s free car wash!

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

That was fast.  The sky got really dark and there were a few rumbles of thunder, a few sprinkes, then, bam, it it pouring buckets. You could feel the temp drop several degees in a few minutes. No need for open windows tonight,

We need the rain, our local weather people have warned of brush fire threat for days.

It was near 90 for a couple of days so am not surprised a thunder storm percolated from it.

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?  I'm in NE PA.

Sounds exactly like what happened here yesterday, too.  I'm in West Central Illinois. The weatherman said it was traveling NE, so probably the same system that went through here.  It is 39 degrees here this morning.

Respected Contributor

Though they predicted some rain for yesterday and today, it keeps missing us.   SW PA