Honored Contributor

Re: The Sidewalk Cafe........a great place to chat!

Happy Anniversary to my DH...............33 wonderful years!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Puddles & Mr. Puddles ...............

Honored Contributor

Dame, ... Alfie will be trained and tested (before his first birthday) as a certified therapy dog. We did this for almost 12 years with Brodie and really miss it. So, we'll sign up for a puppy training class in October and then do a good citizenship class too. We've started socializing him with other dogs and people and attended a fall festival last Saturday. We plan to attend another outside arts festival on Thursday. He loves kids; gosh, he loves adults too!!! He'll be ready to go by his first birthday - one year old is a requirement in PA for certified therapy dogs.

Alfie is finding his voice. Yesterday he barked at pumpkins in the morning, squirrels in the afternoon and Anika in the evening. He got his first bath this morning. He squirmed around during the bathing, but loved to be toweled off and brushed. I've been getting him used to combs and brushes and slickers by brushing him a little every day. This morning he jumped up on the bed; I didn't think he'd learn that for a while but we have a storage "steamer chest" at the end of our bed and he jumped up on that and then onto the bed! He also got DHs fuzzy bedroom slippers and took the insole out to chew on it. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} His name soon became "No No." It's fun to watch and play with him; he's learning something new each day. He now weighs 13 lbs. and he's getting darker in color just as his breeder predicted. He's almost black on his face and dark gray on his body.

Puddles & Mr. Puddles: Happy Anniversary to you both. Enjoy your special day. Marriage is good stuff. ...

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and a great week. October starts Wednesday!!!

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Hello all,

A wonderful special day you 2 guys Puddles and Sweetie Pie Puddles.

Not much today. I did 3 days of work today, just forgot I didn't clean out my closet, have to do that chore next. Not bad for a very busy morn for me trying to get things done.

Anika the new little pup sounds plain outright adorable.

it is humid and very overcast, wonder if we will get rain, feels every so damp today.

that is about all for now, later guys.

Super Contributor

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO PUDDLES AND IAN.

MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE.....

Wishing Everyone a pleasant day.

Honored Contributor

Happy Anniversary Flowers with Bells Graphic for Fb Share

Happy Anniversary to Puddles and Ian. Have a wonderful day and may you have many, many blessings in the years to come. Congratulations!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone! Sorry to post and run yesterday, but Ian surprised me with plans for an anniversary dinner in London. I must admit I didn't mind the break from preparing for our trip to the States with a few glasses of wine and a lovely meal.Smile Thank you all for your beautiful greetings and wishes! I wanted to publically acknowledge my DH for putting up with me for 33 years and what better place to do that than our Sidewalk Café, right?

possummink, how's the unpacking coming along?

Hayfield, glad you had a fun weekend!

viva, I guess you are getting the new floor laid today? Ian loved that you called him Sweetie Pie Puddles. Sweetie Pie is my term of endearment for him!Smile

AnikaBrodie, I hope you ate an extra piece of pumpkin pie just for me!Smile A big hug for Alfie. I love that he is finding his voice!

lulutoby, hope all is well with you!

Bobbisue, I'll be spending my time with medical issues and visiting family this trip. Sorry, no trip to Florida. More than likely we will relocate back to Houston. That was my home for 40 years, as well as Ian's for 30, so it's hard to leave.Wink Hope everything is o.k. with you!

AuntG, bugs & humid weather are things you get use to when living Down South.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

lovestoteach, I will be seeing my surgeon the week after we arrive and a surgery date will be set hopefully by the end of October. My family will come to Houston for a visit and when I'm recuperated, we will visit in Dallas hopefully for both Thanksgiving & Christmas. I guess you will be retired by the time we return to England in January?!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Remee, sorry we weren't here to help you with your computer problem, but glad DooBDoo came to the rescue. Hope you are up and running now with no issues!

Dame, that little bird sitting alone in the storm is one of my favorite graphics too. I can see that it would be of help to you after your mom passed and sorry I didn't post it on the Café then. I hope 2015 will a year of health, happiness & peace for all of us on the Café thread. Some, if not all of us, have had a couple years of trials & tribulations. Ian reminded me the other day of what I say to him all the time and that is that God only gives us what we can handle. Well, I told him we need at least a brief rest after this next go round of my surgeries.{#emotions_dlg.lol} I actually thought of you too at the time! You know you are in my prayers every day!

elegantprofile, when is your exam? Keeping fingers crossed! BTW, do you have your airline reservations made for your trip to Phoenix for the holidays? Better get that done!

sassy lassy, were you able to get out of jury duty?

Where are you Terry?

Thank you for stopping by Hooty and catwhisperer! We don't see you here often enough.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

All Graphics » tuesday glitter

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Good Morning! Well, last weekend was fun! On Friday and friend and I went over to a high school in Silver Spring, MD, to see Patti Lupone. She was giving a talk to a group of high school theatre hopefuls and she was going to see a few songs and it was free, so I went. It was really nice to see her in person. I haven't been in a room full of high school students in a long time. On Saturday, my friend came down from PA and we went on the Historic Homes Tour of Alexanadria. The 6 homes we got to see were beautiful. One as for sale for $1.9 million. We had lunch after the tour. I just love Old Town. DH & I will probably go at the end of October for dinner. On Sunday, DD and I went to th Occoquan Craft fair. We got up early before it got too crowded. I got a couple of candles and a few other things. I also stopped at my favorite wine store and picked up a couple bottles of wine. It was one of those weekends where there was too much going on.

Puddles--Happy Anniversary! A trip to London for dinner, how lovely! I'm sure you did enjoy the little "break" from getting ready to head to the States.