Honored Contributor

Re: The Sidewalk Cafe........a great place to chat!

Thumbnail

Hi, everyone on the Café.

Glad you made it home safe and sound, MK. It wears me out just to travel by car or plane. I don't know what it is, maybe I think I need to be behind the wheel driving or in the pilots seat helping out.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'm sure the cats, birds and your family are so glad to have you home.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

The leaves are starting to turn and look beautiful. I had the lawn aerated last week so will wait to mow till tomorrow. Things still look pretty good in the garden.

Dame, good to hear from you. Been putting a bug in my DD's ear to have an auction about the rest of the stuff from Grandma's house that nobody wants or knows what it is. Grandpa was a auto mechanic and has a garage full of tools, Cushman scooters, auto parts, and a 1939 Chevy. She donated the organ to a nursing home, the old broken motor home and cookware to neighbors.

So much stuff, as you know to decide what to do with it. And the cleaning never seems to end. Inside and out. Man, it can be overwhelming at times.

Viva, where are you when I need you???Smile

Wishing everyone on the Café good health and much happiness.

Honored Contributor

One of the many covered bridges in Vermont

Hi Cafe Friends, Am headed for the shower after my ''evening into morning nap.'' It takes so long to type a post using this on screen keyboard. I have 3 keyboards sitting by this computer but can't any of them to work. Can't figure out why. Am thinking of using 'Angie's List' to see if anyone there has suggestions. My arm starts to cramp up on me and my shoulder just plain hurts . Naturally, it has to be the shoulder that was 'frozen' twice, and so many cortisone shots. It has started aching again this summer and is losing it's strength. Don't want to have to go to my orthopedic doctor, probably insurance wouldn't cover it anyway. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

I did get several boxes unpacked today. Went for a short drive with Belle. Her battery was way down, so my brother put the charger on the battery for all of Friday night.

I guess I should close for now . Have a nice Sunday.

Surrounding mountains around Asheville show plenty of color.

Honored Contributor

Hi!

possummink... I'm sorry to hear that your shoulder is giving you pain!

puddles... do you think you will be looking for a place in Fla?

Wishing everyone a peaceful and pleasant Sunday!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Hello Cafe Friends,

possummink, I'm glad you had a safe trip. Hope you get the comp. problem straightened out soon.

bagaholic, I think of you often....

Mom's doing OK, when I spoke with her yesterday I commented on her wheezing, she said it's mostly in the mornings since the weather change.....

Yesterday was a beautiful Fall day , today the fog is still hanging around, had to turn the heat on this morning......

Received Jury summons a few weeks ago , called in yesterday , no Jury call scheduled for tomorrow , so will call again tomorrow evening.... Iv'e served three times before and didn't ask to be excused just because I don't "feel" like going . ( I'm sure my Rheumatologist would have written me an excuse if I asked her)..... OK, time to get off my soap box ...{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Waving to All , have a good day and stay safe !!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Bobbisue said:

If I could I would move to Florida in a heart beat. Safe travels.....

So many people here in the Midwest have winter homes in Florida, but after reading another poster's description of the bugs and the humid weather, I have no desire to become a snowbird just yet.

Honored Contributor

hello all today,

oh my goodness, it feels like summer today.

watching a couple movies I dvr'ed. the 1st is the end of Patton. good movie.

got my back room cleaned today . since I will not be home for sheet day, have to wash my bedding on Monday night. will be doing the shower curtain/liner tonight. this week, my cleaning will be hit/miss. hate to do this, but will wait till next week to get back on schedule.

ok that is about all for now, later guys.

Regular Contributor

Hi Everybody!

So glad to read that everyone is okay. Firefly I sure hope your cold goes away very soon!

Possum~ You must be so happy to be getting some rest and driving Belle even though she had a bit of an energy crisis! Thank goodness for big brother's! I can imagine your Mattie was so happy to see you--and your family of course!

Hi Sassy--Glad your Mom sounds good even with a little morning wheeze. Not really sure what kind of weather she is having now. We seem to be having a bit of Indian Summer and I'm glad about that!

Hi Puddles--You're going to be stateside bound very soon!

Loves--I'm glad you will have more time for yourself when you retire! And of course for that darling little Lexi!

Hi Grands--6weeks old already!? Wow the time is flying!

Lulutoby--You have the right idea. Just have an estate sale and let the experts do their thing! Unfortunately for me--There is just so much personal papers and history to go through--it's difficult! But I do have someone who is willing to come and see what he can do to maybe haul a lot of stuff out as the house is not in any condition for people to come in AND Dad doesn't want that! So I'll see soon what's what. I'm going to split up these posts so I don't ""time out"". Be back

Love and Hope and peace--Dame

Super Contributor

Thank You Kindly Letterpress Card

DooBDoo,

Thank you for chasing me around to help me with my problem with my old computer.

I finally had help in figuring it out as I am not computer savvy. You were right !!!!

It was a browser problem, and I had to switch from Chrome to IE, and everything returned !

Thank you so kindly for going to all of the trouble that you did in assisting me with all of the frustration that I was feeling !

Gee, I didn't really realize how "addicted" I was to this ole' girl until I couldn't use her !

You are very sweet and kind, I wish you the very best !!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor

Viva--Hope that new washer is a winner. It seems when I was growing the name Whirlpool meant quality so I hope it lasts for a very long time. Sounds like your whole schedule for your cleaning this week is upside down. But I'm positive you'll have it shipshape anyway!Wink The season opener on NCIS was lively wasn't it?! I haven't watched the New Orleans one yet but hubby dvr'ed it.

Hi To Bobbisue~~~~hope you are feeling better these days!Smile

Anika I can just imagine the fun you are having with Alfie! So glad you have such a friendly pup to begin with. Will you be training him at some point to be a therapy dog too?

Elegant--Those few night we got so cold I thought of you when my Raynaud's made my feet so icy! I will have to drag out my foot warmer I bought last year and hope that does it again this year!

Hayfield--It is hard to say goodbye to a good co-worker! Hope your fun with your friend gives you tons of good memories!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Possum--I think you will need a new computer. That one is driving you crazy and I can't stand it when this one acts up! I got a service contract with this Pavillion from HP and I've called about minor stuff a couple of times and they remote access it and it's back to working fine! It was worth the money for sure. Of course I can only post graphics because YOU were the one who taught me how to do it and I will be forever grateful to you!{#emotions_dlg.wub} And I've been loving all the ones you've been posting. Puddles has really gotten us off to a great start and her graphics and verses are wonderful!

Which reminds me PUDDLES~The one you posted with the little bird being strong in the storm is one that I love, I had found that one on Facebook last year after Mom died and I was sort of wondering about life and it's ups and downs and that little bird seemed like me at the time. I was pleased to see you had posted it on the Cafe'!

Happy birthday late to Max Hooty! Is he going to get a baby sister or brother?Smile I know you were thinking about it a year or so ago. Also--I remember your sister was ill ~is she doing okay now?

Hi Cat--How are you and your kitty's these days?

Well--if I left anybody or anything out just chalk it up to tired brain syndrome. I am trying with every day to pace myself a bit better. What will be will be and as long as the good Lord has my future mapped up I'm just trying not to mess up the "trip"!Smile I hope you all have a great Monday and week. This IS a wonderful group of ladies and a warm place to land. I keep you all in mind and prayers.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Not sure if this is an autumn wedding scene but it's sort of pretty. I might have opted for flameless candles but then I possess a vivid imagination!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} It's still pretty!

Love & hope & peace--Dame{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Good Morning! I had a very busy and fun weekend! I'm working this morning, so I'll check back tomorrow. Everyone, have a great day!