Honored Contributor

Re: The Sidewalk Cafe........a great place to chat!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

Good Morning! I'm off today but I'm working the next three days. The Wine Festival is this weekend and I'll be working it on Saturday night, so that will be a long day. The weather is going to get a little cooler. I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

Puddles--Isn't today your "all about me day"? If it is enjoy!

Possummink--Sorry that you're having trouble with your arm. I've never experience that kind of problem. I have a little arthritis in my left knee but I've been able to keep the pain to a minimum with exercise and I've lost a little weight, which helps too. Getting older and dealing with all these "aches and pains" is not fun.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday was quite a mess here in our neck of the woods! A tree was uprooted in our next-door-neighbors' yard -- it fell ACROSS the street rather than on us... consider us LUCKY.

As I drove home from school, I was getting a little panicky as the skies quickly (very quickly b/c we live about 3 minutes from there) got very dark. The wind picked up so fast, the car almost stalled due to a vacuum (was it a funnel)? Leaves were whirling around my car in a circular motion. Got home and INTO the garage, but the door (opened automatically) would not close! The power was out at that very minute!

So the power returned at 12:30 am ... DH got up and started plugging phones and alarm clocks in. He was a bit disappointed today b/c he was supposed to sub at another school in our area and the entire district was closed as a result of power outages. We were lucky to have ac during the rest of the night... but we didn't get much sleep. Thinking of all the things we MIGHT need to do to get ready this morning.

Over: the saga of the Texas weather yesterday!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hello guys,

not to much here today. couldn't sleep worth beans last night. was up till 4am, finally I fell into a fitful sleep. I hate these sleeplessness night.

got my chores accomplished, stayed in bed till 830am this morn.

this is about all, really enjoyable today, cool but still comfortable very sunny.

got my furnace check for 31 oct.

OK guys that is about all for now later all.

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone. I am glowing!Smile Yes, Hayfield, today was my "me" day and it was wonderful! I had the works.......massage, facial, and pedi & mani.

lovestoteach, I'm so glad you are safe and your property was not damaged. I heard about the storms in your area. Sorry you lost electrics, but that's a given in those type of storms.

possummink, love your pictures. Hope your arm is getting better with rest.

viva, enjoy the cool weather. We are due a cold front tomorrow.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Hi, Puddles! Hi, everyone!

Puddles ... you must be "glowing" after a well-deserved day of pampering! I'm green with envy! Glad you enjoyed your day.

possummink... we can't have our "star photographer" with arm pain... that just won't do... sorry to hear that your arm isn't better lately.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Rose Briar

October...Erica Maxine

Hi Cafe Friends, Will keep this short, just wanted to pop in and say hi and have lovely Autumn weekend.

It's chilly here, 47, on the way down to 38 or 39. Am wearing a sweatshirt and have a flannel shirt close by for a bit later. We sure don't want to have the furnace come on. I still have to close the upstairs windows.

Loves, It sure sounds like a very scary time for you and DH yesterday. I am glad you are ok. I haven't heard from my sister who lives north of Dallas. We had good rains and that's good, especially for the bananas, which I need to dig out soon.

Need to stop typing for a bit. Have a nice evening, Everyone.

pumpkinspicedlove: Machen Sie Ihre Strich gemütlich ?

Honored Contributor

Regular Contributor

Hello Everybody! Thinking of all of you tonight and hoping the weekend is wonderful for you!

Have an auction house fellow calling us tomorrow. Hope he can help me out! I want to be done with the house by Halloween but no one seems to be in the rush I am! Good thing I made copies of EVERYTHING as it appears the lawyers need me to drop off some things that should have been done by them 2 months ago. I will be blessed if I get through their nonsense without having a scream or two but knowing me--I WILL when this is behind me. I just want them to do their job they have already been well paid to do! And failure is NOT an option.

Puddles--Praying for you--glad your day was great. You're going to be so much happier when you are home with your loved ones! It must have been so hard for you when you had your health scares and they were all so far away. I feel so good about you being HOME for this next step. And happy belated Anniversary to you and Ian!

Possum--So sorry you are having such problems with your frozen shoulder! I know what you mean about therapy. In 1985 I was in a neck brace for 8 months and the 3 times a week rigors of trying to make my neck move again was NOT anything I'd like to do again. We were rear ended by a pickup truck that I was laying in the back of with our dogs and cats in crates and I flew into a van support--head first. I am so blessed it didn't break my neck but soft tissue damage and rearranged vertebrae created quite a bit of damage. The Lord was watching over us for sure! Anyway--I try to stay limber and avoid the headaches. March and November are the hardest for Myofascial Pain Syndrome that is now called Fibromyalgia. I was ahead of my time! I sure hope your arm lets up for you soon. Glad you got the rain you love! Be well. Stay safe and feel better. LOVE THAT RACOON and the kitty videos!!! Too darn funny!You do such a fabulous job with the graphics and Puddles picks just the right verses and sayings. Such a talented bunch on the Cafe'!

Hi Lulutoby-Hayfield-Viva-Have a good weekend!

Loves--So glad you were safe in the garage when the stuff hit hard! Scary stuff for sure.

Hi Grands-Cat-Sassy--Terry--Anika (and Alfie!)

Hello to the ladies of the 60's thread and Firefly!

Love and hope and peace~ Dame

Regular Contributor

I think I can make enough of these for everyone on the Cafe'! Looks very fall festive to me!

Love & hope & peace--Dame