Regular Contributor

Re: The Sidewalk Café.....a great place for friendly chat!

On 5/28/2014 possummink said:

~~Hi Everyone,

I found this video on VPs and thought you might enjoy it. We had a pet raccoon when I was a kid, and he was fun till he started to mature. I've never seen one be so tender and gentle with another critter as the one above.

Hope you had a great Wednesday, and have a pleasant evening. It's so nice to use both hands to type. I know I may have mentioned it again. Amazing how small things can affect routine. Spring Time tres belles roses,,,,,Garden**+

Possum! Oh my goodness that video clip is just plain awesome! SmileI would have never thought a raccoon could be that compassionate to another critter--I am constantly amazed by the animal world! Thank you for posting it from VP. I'm glad you are safely in Florida but I have to say you certainly live a busy travel schedule!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Not sure I could keep up with all that you do! I appear to be rooted here between two houses and two guys! When is the ceremony with your GS? Is the computer problem solved now? I still can't post more than one pic at a time with Windows 8. If I leave this site then come back my post is gone. I'm doing something wrong but I haven't figured it out yet. How are the fruits and veggies down there this year? Did the weather cause any problems? How are you solving the car problem this trip? Geesh--nothing like bombarding you with questions!

My hubby is being tested for whatever is behind his anemia. I suspect it might be the fault of the 3 blood thinners. He got a very bad case of the flu about 8 years ago and developed a Mallory-Weiss tear in his stomach that required surgery. I have been a broken record since last Sept. that I think he's on too many meds. Anyway I'm hoping the meds haven't aggravated that scar tissue. His thyroid is not functioning and his kidney readings are off. All in all he's not feeling at all well right now so he's become the latest patient in the family. Time is flying and I'm kinda' stuck in gear!{#emotions_dlg.blink} We won't be able to go to Maine this year and that's a bummer for sure. Hubby is really having difficulty navigating and he's confused for periods of time. Praying my handling the meds for him and pushing fluids and bugging the doctor's for answers will turn the situation around.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Happy Anniversary Hayfield and I hope the winery trip was wonderful!Smile

Hi Bobbisue--Think of you often my friend!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

PUDDLES--How are your family members in Texas? I believe you have an Aunt and Uncle who nearly raised you. I remember they had a tough time with their health l year or so ago? Bet they are thrilled you are coming back home to the states!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hi Lulutoby--How are you doing? Is everything planted and growing now? I have an Earthbox that grows wonderful tomatoes and I'm trying to find the time to plant the tomato plants! Last year I didn't get anything done but I'm going to try harder now as I love growing the veggies! My dwarf lilac bush is huge and totally abloom right now! I'd love to capture that heavenly scent for year around! Stay well

Hi to Elegant-Sassy and Grands and our other posters!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loves--have fun with the little one!

Until I can get back here~stay well and safe everyone! All my best~

Love & hope & peace--Dame{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Dame, it is my brother & sister who helped raise me and they continue to have health problems. My sister had another stroke while I was in the hospital which my niece did not let me know about until I came home. She is doing o.k. though although her memory continues to be a problem. My brother has his better days and his not so good days. I talk with them both several times a week and they are anxious for me to get back home. They don't understand why I can't just pack up and return home next week.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

I hope the doctors can get behind whatever is causing your DH's anaemia. It always makes me wonder when you are prescribed medications that cause another problem and then you have to be prescribed another concoction to overcome that problem.

How are you doing? You know I think of you often and keep you in my prayers.

P.S. I forgot to ask after your dad. Are things becoming more settled for him?

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

possummink, thank you for that adorable video. I know you miss being "home", but you will soon be settled back in FL and enjoy the summer with your family there.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Do you all remember Nana of 5 who posted with us for a very long time? Her last post was last October. She had many health problems and I fear the worse, but today is her birthday and just in case

I'm leaving this Happy Birthday greeting for her.Download birthday 6

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Bobbisue said:

Loves and Puddles, thank you for you concern. I'm still struggling with the COPD. Thanks.

Bobbisue. I'm so sorry that you continue to struggle with COPD. It is difficult to believe that in this 21st Century there is not a medicine that would ease your struggle. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Super Contributor

Loves, so sorry. My condolences on the passing of your DMIL.

Hayfield, happy anniversary!

Hi Hooty!

possummink, glad you made it safely to Florida!

Puddles, now I'm hungry for a hamburger and want to enjoy it in the beautiful garden you posted.

Bobbiesue, please take care. Did you see there's a new inhaler for COPD?

I remember Nana of 5! I hope she is ok. Wishing her a happy birthday!

Puddles, may He watch over you, your brother and sister, He who is the great healer of us all.

Honored Contributor

hello all,

I remember Nana of 5. I remember she was having many health issues the last time she was on the boards.

Wet weather today, showering out today. cold and damp too, winds off the ocean.

my lawn man came today with his 2 kids in tow. they helped him with weed whacking.

not much else for now, later guys.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for your concern for my COPD. I go to the Dr. tomorrow and we will see what he says. I hope it is good news.

Puddles, I can't wait until you are back in the States for good. Hurry home.

Dame, sorry your DH is ill. I will say a prayer for him and you. You are a dear friend.

Super Contributor

Hi Everyone,

just wanted to stop by and say Hello.....

It was great being able to spend an entire week with my Mom...

Hoping to catch up reading the posts this weekend.

Everyone stay safe... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}