Respected Contributor

Re: The Sidewalk Café.....a great place for friendly chat!

Good Morning! It's Friday and I'm off for the weekend, Yeah! We're not doing anything special this weekend, since we're going away for our anniversary on Tuesday. I hope that everyone has a great weekend and great weather!

Puddles--Love those pictures, makes we want to go and find a flower show!

Honored Contributor

hello all,

not much today.

had dicey weather yesterday. 2 tornadoes touched down about 20 miles from where I live. heard on news 2 homes destroyed and many trees taken down.

beautiful today. cool and breezy. delightful

that is about all for now, later guys.

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.wub}Puddles, love that sweet baby bulldog in the swing!!! I thought you'd love the tea set!

Trusted Contributor

Hello friends...Dame, I hope you and your dad and DH are doing better. You're in my thoughts. Hello Puddles, Hope you are doing better each day. I hope you come to the States soon. God bless you and your DH.

Honored Contributor

hello today,

quiet here, all is ok.

not much going on, later guys

Honored Contributor

So Pretty!!

Hi Everyone, Just got back from supper out with my daughter and oldest granddaughter who is almost 16 going on 26.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I have been busy packing, unpacking, repacking,and still not ready to leave on Tuesday. I also took my GD grocery shopping and let her choose items she and her sister like,but their mom can't afford to get them. It's sure hard to raise teens today all by yourself. Wish I could make it easier for DD.

After they left, I sat outside on the back steps and just enjoyed the peaceful bird-song and beauty of our yard with the flowers,trees and nice evening air. I wish I could capture the beautiful scented air and sights and share it with all of you. The cooler evening air seems to hold the various scents of the mock-orange, peonies, iris, and a holly tree that are all in full bloom near each other and close to the back steps. Then there are roses, wisteria, plus verbena, petunias, and other plants sitting on the stone wall, waiting to be planted. The combination of all those scents is so rich, exotic and heady, it's almost intoxicating, but in such a lovely way. To make that time sitting there even nicer, the chimney swifts that nest in our chimney, were flying in ever smaller and lower circular formations as they do each evening, before they dive into the chimney to roost for the night.Chimney Swifts~... chimney swift a flying cigar the chimney swift is rarely seen perched~They remind me of little flying cigars.{#emotions_dlg.wub}~~ I always consider their arrival back here in the spring one of the best things about the season. The are such 'joyous' little birds, twittering to each other as they soar and dip in their daylong flights around our yard and nearby field. They fly in pairs at times and in small groups at other times. They are such a gift for our home/yard. I could never cover out chimney and not have these little feathered friends as ''co-residents''.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I guess I have rattled on enough. Will be glad to get back to my laptop, so it doesn't take so long to type.

Have peaceful rest of your evening.

Swan in The Moonlight

Honored Contributor

MK, you described a wonderful moment enjoying your beautiful garden and natures wonders. Please write a book. Gosh, we all need to stop for just a minute and appreciate what is around us.

The chimney swifts made me remember the years when barn swallows would nest above our garage doors on a brick ledge. You had to watch out or the parents would dive bomb you and the baby chicks would hang their bottoms over the edge of the nest to do their business...so the driveway would be covered with droppings.

Nature is wonderful and funny. I watched a blue jay dive bombing a squirrel walking along the fence yesterday. They also like to dive bomb my sisters cat. What are they thinking?

Wishing everyone on the Cafe good health and happiness. Happy Memorial Day Weekend.

Honored Contributor

Hi, ladies!

I miss everyone and hope you eat a hot dog for me this Memorial Day weekend!

We are planning a "Sip and See" reception for the Lexi family over the 4th of July weekend.

Right now school cannot be finished soon enough! It is wearing me out!

BBL and wishing all of you a "well" weekend!

~loves

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

hello all,

not much today.

weather is beautiful

going to bar be que today. that is all for now.

Regular Contributor

Last year on May 21st Dad was inducted into the Veteran's Hall of Fame in Albany. I am so glad he was honored and enjoyed that day. I hope each and every one of the Sidewalk Cafe' ladies have a holiday that makes good memories enough to last a lifetime!

Love & hope & peace-Dame