Honored Contributor

Re: The Sidewalk Café.....a great place for friendly chat!

Geez, 10grands, hope my post didn't give you a headache! LOL! Many blessings to you on this Sunday. It's nice to see you!

Sending hugs to Dame, possummink, lulutoby and anyone else stopping by The Café.

I need to get busy................

photo Maxinewontdojoke.jpg

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Trusted Contributor

Hello Puddles....What is the weather in England? Does it snow where you are? We miss you on the beauty thread. I'm still waiting for my date with you and Dottie for a cup of tea.

Dame, I will say a prayer for your dad that he is happy and well. How is your DH? I miss Buck very much. I get bored here in this house. I can't wait til Spring comes. I have cabin fever, I guess. Take care.

Everyone have a blessed day.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning! We had a nice time with our friends yesterday at the wine bar but the food selection was rather slim, so we did share a bottle of wine and got a cheese plate but then we to a nearby restaurant for dinner, then our home for dessert. Today, I'm doing some laundry and I'm going to stuff a small chicken for dinner.

Bagaholic- Wow $168,000 for one bottle of wine? I guess the person that buys that bottle is a billionaire!

Puddles--Love your organization post! Sounds just like me! Good luck with the bathroom remodel!

Honored Contributor

howdy guys,

when I went to bed last night about, 10pm, I was doing a whole lot better.

slept peacefully all night. doing good today

it was all the positive thoughts from the gang here that got me over the buggy-boo.

not much today, cold outside today, winds are howling, it goes down from here to the polar vortex. ugh!!!!

that is about all for now, later guys.

Regular Contributor

Hi everybody! Just a fast hello.

Puddles--Love Maxine's wisdom.Good luck with the renewal now in progress.

Hi Bobbisue-It's just too darn cold this year. Brrr. Stay warm my friend. I'm going to put a crock pot of ""Potato soup a la' Bobbisue"" on today so it will be ready when I get home from visiting Dad. I think of you every time I make it!

Hi Grands--Thanks for your kind words. I've found that the only thing I've learned with Mom and Ronnie was that I did my very best for both of them. In that one area of loss I can't really look back and say ""I should have been there"" or ""I could have done---"" It was exhausting and depressing at times but the Lord held me up and now nothing that has happened in the last 2 1/2 years has that awful tinge of regret. Grief yes but not a list of ""ifs"". I believe that has helped me so much. But I sure do love the encouragement you and my cyber friends always give me!I sure hope it warms up for your part of the country but we're heading into a cold spell. Stay warm Grands!

Hi Sassy--I love when you post on your lunch breaks! I'm so glad you take the time to do that. It also is so good to know that after all your worry about your Mom that she is safe and happy. That's a huge relief isn't it!

Viva--Good to hear you are on the mend. You know I think maybe your neighbor might have lost custody of the little girl. That strange story has stuck in my mind because this world has become so weird in many ways. Wonder how you could find out if she's okay without setting off a ""range war"" if you know what I mean.

Well Possum--I'm loving the pics you and Llutoby have been posting! Is today your GS's birthday? if it is I hope it's happy for him! What are you all doing to celebrate? You know I did look up the Medihoney and asked the staff about it last week and I will be following up this week. Nothing gets really done on weekends there. Thank you for all you info on it. Sounds like it might work for many things. Have a good week friend.

Hayfield I was thinking the same thing about that expensive wine. Sounds like you had another fun adventure with you DH and friends.

Elegant-Emy-Cat-Will B-Nana--have a good week!

Loves--Hope you are hugging and holding that little dear one enough to last awhile.Already Lexi Grace is a week old!

Keep warm everyone.

Love & hope & blessings-Dame

Regular Contributor

""Let freedom ring""

Love & hope & peace-Dame

Respected Contributor

Good Morning! I'm working today but DH & DD are off. It's going to be in the 50's by this afternoon, so it should be a nice day and busy. Have a great day everyone!

Bagaholic--It's always good not to have regrets about anything, those woud've, could've, should've will eat you alive sometimes. I'm sure you miss you Mom and Ronnie tons and think of them aften but you were always there for them.

Honored Contributor

hello guys,

under winter storm warnings, 4-6 expected but could be a blizzard by tomorrow night. cold temps moving in zero and -10 below on top of this for 3 days.

Dame--My neighbor lady had the baby in august 013. I just find it so strange that little baby is no longer there, yet the mom is still living in that place. someone made a mention maybe the baby was taken away, maybe so. I do not know them well enough to really check in with them, they are strange folk to say the least.

boy did I clean today, did the kitchen clean on top of Monday clean, am really tried today from moving and a grooving.

not much else going on. later guys.

Regular Contributor

l-Gotta-keep-warm-in-the-winter.png (580×584)Viva--We are having that same artic vortex--code blue--weather for the next 5-6 days. Stay warm and inside friend!

I am busy washing and drying some blankets, coats and other winter items for a brand new warming shelter that is just opening for the homeless in our neigboring town. I am so happy they have done this! I think there are things at Mom & Dad's house that I can find to donate also and that is something my Mom would have done.{#emotions_dlg.wub}Dad was talking last week about some fire victums that might need things so I'm sure he will be happy if I can collect the warm items from their home too. It's a combination of a Christian group and the Red Cross so this should be a wonderful Godsend to the people who really need our help.

Well Viva and Hayfield we seem to be holding down the fort at the Cafe'!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Hope Possum is coming back! Actually there are a lot of folks missing and I hope they post to let us know they are okay and how the weather is where they are. It's just a long winter but as Viva says--Spring solstice is only 2 months and a week away now. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Have a good Tuesday ladies!

Love & hope & blessings--DAme{#emotions_dlg.wub}

PS-Viva--It is a tough thing to do anything about when that family is so unfriendly. No it's not like you can knock on the door and ask. Sometimes it's tough to know what to do in this weird world!{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Super Contributor

Dame - the dog in the scarf is what I feel like - it is snowing, blowing, and the high tomorrow will be 4 above. That is a great thing to donate to a shelter. When my Husband passed away I donated all of his clothes to a homeless shelter.' I had not realized before, but there are women at these shelters who need things also.

Puddles - I love your 'Maxine' graphic, that is what I feel like, but am trying to get some things done this month since it is too cold to do much else.