Trusted Contributor

Re: The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

On 3/6/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 3/6/2015 lacey1 said:

I watched the first one several times on HBO(?). I have a problem hearing and understanding British accents so I had to watch it a few times. It was a wonderful movie, very enjoyable. I will have to wait until it comes to TV to watch the second one, to overcome the accents.

We don't have any hearing challenges, but switched on "Closed Captions" on our TV .... and find it REALLY comes in handy! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You would think that CC would be a good option for me, but I get distracted trying to read and watch. I know when they run a news banner under the newscast-I can only follow one stream at a time. Yes, I can chew gum and walk at the same time, but can't the hang of CC!

Respected Contributor

On 3/6/2015 lulu2 said:

I'm back and my verdict is the first was better. (maybe because it was such a pleasant surprise) Of course I loved seeing Richard Gere in this one and it was great seeing "friends" from Downton Abbey. (as I'm already suffering withdrawal)

I've read they changed the ending as the original one was not well received by test audiences.

Still this was a nice way to spend a late morning with 3 of my best friends. (me, myself and I)

I can't wait to see it but it will have to be on demand, so I hope it is soon. I just loved the first one but this looks like alot of fun. Did they leave it at there might be a third?

Super Contributor

It starts this weekend where I am, but I have so many other ones I haven't yet seen that I don't know where to begin. I've just recently seen The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Fault In The stars, and Kingsmen. What do I pick next?

Esteemed Contributor

We are going to see it Sunday morning! (We saw the first one). This one has Richard Gere who is my favorite actor ever! Then in the afternoon we are going out to eat with my family to celebrate a few birthdays!

I will be so glad to get out. Finally, NO snow in the forecast for the next week and we turn the clocks tonight. Hooray!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

We saw this today. I was a bit disappointed. It is long.

I enjoyed the ladies. I usually like Dev Patel, but wanted to smack him. I'm a Richard Gere fan but didn't think he was a good fit in this cast.

Esteemed Contributor

I still need to see the first one! I am behind on seeing movies lately, I need to get with it. They both look cute.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

We saw the 2nd one this morning. I really didn't think it was that great. It was just OK. Not as good as the first one, even though I loved seeing Richard Gere in this one! The funniest one was Maggie Smith. Otherwise the theatre was quiet, very few laughs.

If I were asked, Id tell people to wait for the dvd. Its not worth the movie price to see this one.

I was glad to get out of the house to the movie though, after this horrible Winter we had. The ticket man who we know for years, said the movies (there are numerous in the mall theatre) were packed Saturday and Saturday night. I guess everyone was glad to get out and about to the movies!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles