Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 561
Registered: ‎04-13-2010

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal

Scott's sister-in-law appeared on Dr Phil recently and she seemed unhinged. Some of the theories she cited as evidence of his innocence were ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,849
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal

I believe there are some areas of his case that should be revisited, whether that triggers a retrial remains to be seen

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,025
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal


@Sushismom wrote:

Considering Peterson has been on death row since 2005, I wouldn't blame our "despot" governor for anything. 


@SushismomAgree.  Since CA re-instituted the DP in 1978 only 13 prisoners have been executed.  I believe there are over 700 inmates in death row since then. 

 

The last one in 2007 who was blind, diabetic, and in a wheelchair.

 

Unless this governor has been in office since 1978, his position in this year is not the reason why CA doesn't execute even though the DP is on the books.

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Regular Contributor
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎04-05-2018

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal

This snake got caught, thank God for the 'girlfriend' that came forth and provided details.  His family is disgusting also.  I'm disappointed he doesn't have the death penalty - he deserves to ahve it hanging over his head.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,025
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal

I don't agree that Amber Frey tied up this case for the investigators.

 

An adulterer and liar doesn't necessarily mean he was guilty.  It COULD be motive but there was nothing to indicate that he was going to marry Amber.  Especially since Amber had a child herself.

 

He wanted his freedom with "a little on the side".

 

I agree she was brave to come forward and it was a smart thing to do.  The affair would have come to light regardless; investigators would have looked into his having somebody on the side.  Phone calls, etc.  It may have taken a tad longer but the affair would have been exposed.

 

I felt sorry for her; she was genuinely afraid and horrified about being involved with him.

 

Not to mention had she not come forward she very well could have been investigated as being involved with the murders.  And cleared, of course.

 

It is a sad, sad, time for the loved ones left behind.

 

I do believe he is guilty but as with any convicted person he has appeal rights.  Like it or not.  

 

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,241
Registered: ‎03-26-2017

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal


@NickNack wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

There  is a group of people including Scott Peterson's direct  family, who are behind an appeal for a retrial of Scott Peterson ho was found guilty of murdering his wife  Laci and child in womb.

 

Hard to believe......

 

Scott was on death row, but got off that with the change in California law.   This is not new news about his appeal.....but interesting reading on what facts  they are basing his appeal on.

 

 

 

https://www.scottpetersonappeal.org/

 


 

 

@SeaMaiden   What was the change in California law that allowed him to get off death row?  California still has the death penalty.


There was no change in law but, rather a “moratorium” declared by Gov. Nuisance.  

A move to undo the most recent vote (I think it was just 2-4 years ago) to retain the death penalty.  No matter how one feels about the death penalty, this is still an imperial attempt to circumvent the wish of the voters.  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,224
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal


@trenet wrote:




There was no change in law but, rather a “moratorium” declared by Gov. Nuisance.  

A move to undo the most recent vote (I think it was just 2-4 years ago) to retain the death penalty.  No matter how one feels about the death penalty, this is still an imperial attempt to circumvent the wish of the voters.  


Who, exactly, is Governor "Nuisance"? Or is that supposed to be a funny name? Regardless, I've already said Peterson has been on death row since 2005. And someone else mentioned there's been NO executions since 2007. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,738
Registered: ‎03-15-2011

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal


@Sushismom wrote:

@trenet wrote:




There was no change in law but, rather a “moratorium” declared by Gov. Nuisance.  

A move to undo the most recent vote (I think it was just 2-4 years ago) to retain the death penalty.  No matter how one feels about the death penalty, this is still an imperial attempt to circumvent the wish of the voters.  


Who, exactly, is Governor "Nuisance"? Or is that supposed to be a funny name? Regardless, I've already said Peterson has been on death row since 2005. And someone else mentioned there's been NO executions since 2007. 


Gavin Newsom is a extreme far left governor for the state of California who put a moratorium on the death penalty because He is against it. He is a Nuisance and a Despot because he does what he wants and not what the voters voted for on many issues. I hope he only serves one term, and thats my opinion.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,360
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal


@hsawaknow wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

@trenet wrote:




There was no change in law but, rather a “moratorium” declared by Gov. Nuisance.  

A move to undo the most recent vote (I think it was just 2-4 years ago) to retain the death penalty.  No matter how one feels about the death penalty, this is still an imperial attempt to circumvent the wish of the voters.  


Who, exactly, is Governor "Nuisance"? Or is that supposed to be a funny name? Regardless, I've already said Peterson has been on death row since 2005. And someone else mentioned there's been NO executions since 2007. 


Gavin Newsom is a extreme far left governor for the state of California who put a moratorium on the death penalty because He is against it. He is a Nuisance and a Despot because he does what he wants and not what the voters voted for on many issues. I hope he only serves one term, and thats my opinion.


@hsawaknow, you're entitled to your opinion. I won't give you mine because I try very hard to abide by the Standards here, which prohibit controversial subjects such as politics.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,738
Registered: ‎03-15-2011

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal


@Sushismom wrote:

Considering Peterson has been on death row since 2005, I wouldn't blame our "despot" governor for anything. 


Well he certainly isn't helping either with a stop on death penalty cases either.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18