QVC Customer Care

Re: The Scott Peterson Appeal

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers  very well said. The man has appeal rights.

If I recall, the evidence against him was mostly circumstantial. Her remains washed up near his favorite boat launch. 

He may be a shady liar with a woman on the side but come on....Ms. Frey believed his tales of being in Paris as a fertilizer salesman? You meet a man and he never invites you to his place? HUGE red flags.

And yet, she continued on.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

If I recall, the evidence against him was mostly circumstantial. Her remains washed up near his favorite boat launch. 

He may be a shady liar with a woman on the side but come on....Ms. Frey believed his tales of being in Paris as a fertilizer salesman? You meet a man and he never invites you to his place? HUGE red flags.

I too did not find Ms. Frey to be that credible, I do favor a stay of execution on death penalty cases that lack a mountain of forensic evidence and the Petersen qualifies imo.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Snowpuppy   I could be wrong but I thought the phony phone calls from Paris happened after she agreed to cooperate with the investigators. So it would not have mattered because she already knew he was a liar and was married.

I don't know about not being invited-I thought she lived in another county or at least quite a distance from where he said he lived.  It wouldn't be so odd that she didn't go down to where he said he lived, especially if he said he travelled a lot for work.

How long was this relationship? I thought it was fairly new when the news about Laci was broadcast?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Well, I for one would like to know why the bas____ is still alive to begin with.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I too did not find Ms. Frey to be that credible, I do favor a stay of execution on death penalty cases that lack a mountain of forensic evidence and the Petersen qualifies imo.

I just read the link on the OP about Amber Frey.  SP had no intention of marrying her.  Why?  He was getting what he wanted - no reason to marry her.  From what was written, he wasn't pursuing her as hot and heavy as the media portrayed. 

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Snowpuppy   The majority of cases are circumstantial, not very often are there witnesses, and at least there were bodies this time, though cases have been tried and won withiout bodies.

Frequent Contributor

Death Row still exists in California!! Scott is STILL on DR. Gov Newsom has EXTENDED the already in place while he is in office, a moratorium on executions. We here in CA haven’t executed anyone on DR for many many years, hence why there are over 730+ inmates awaiting execution ! MJ, Sacramento, Ca

Honored Contributor

There should be a law that forbids anyone to remove prisoners from death row unless their cases are overturned.  What is the point of trials at all if the sentences are not going to be enforced, the same with a judge overturning a conviction that a jury has decided.

As long as Peterson goes back to death row, which would be before his execution year, maybe he will suffer more, which he deserves.  Even if he died of old age in prison on death row, that would work for me, as long as he stays on death row.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

There should be a law that forbids anyone to remove prisoners from death row unless their cases are overturned.  What is the point of trials at all if the sentences are not going to be enforced, the same with a judge overturning a conviction that a jury has decided.

As long as Peterson goes back to death row, which would be before his execution year, maybe he will suffer more, which he deserves.  Even if he died of old age in prison on death row, that would work for me, as long as he stays on death row.

He's NOT off death row. Nor has the conviction been overturned.

What did happen is the current governor placed a moratorium on executions. Which, considering one hasn't taken place since 2007, isn't that big a deal.