Respected Contributor

Re: The Saga Continues...Neighbor Issues, Episode 106

@Julie928:  Are you talking about something like this?

Step2 Hot Wheels Extreme Thrill Ride On Coaster with 14 feet of Easy-Step Track and a 30" High Platform

Trusted Contributor

@Hoovermom ~ AHHHHHH!!!!  Yes!  That's it!  The one that goes, thud thud thud thud thud (you get the picture)!  You'll notice that it is placed on some type of mulch, not concrete and also notice the child riding it is wearing a helmet.  Once again, theirs is on the concrete driveway and no helmets have ever been worn by anyone riding this thing.  It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie928:  Oh my, accident waiting to happen and then maybe something will be done. Does the car end up in the street?  Don't wish it on anyone. I am sorry to hear all the challenges you face with this family.  Hope you find somewhat of a resolution.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a neighbor with a dog that would start barking at about 8 pm & continue until well past midnight.The dog was in the backyard which is adjacent to my backyard.I made several attempts at asking him to please not let his dog out at that time.My requests fell on deaf ears.

I finally called my Homeowners Association.They were threatened with hefty fines if they failed to control their dog.It never happened again!!

My neighbor rang my doorbell to apologize & ask me why I didn't speak to him first!! I took out the folder I was keeping on the exact days, times & methods I used to ask him to control his dog.I also had his & his wife's responses noted for each incident.Boy was he embarrassed 😩!!

A year later he sold his home & they moved.Now I have a wonderful & considerate neighbor!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928.....oh. I have something for you. Is there anyway you can find out who they have their homeowners insurance with? Because this witch that is writing you right now did just that on neighbors that had 3 bull mastiffs dogs running loose that they wouldn't do anything with. I did it after one of the dogs ran at me and my husband while we were walking on the road.

I looked on the neighbors facebook and saw where she had like a local insurance company. I called them, they didn't know about the dogs. I did it anonymously, but I don't care at this point who I tick off.  They now have one of the dogs and it is secured.

I bet their insurance company would be highly interested in this Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@Hoovermom ~ AHHHHHH!!!!  Yes!  That's it!  The one that goes, thud thud thud thud thud (you get the picture)!  You'll notice that it is placed on some type of mulch, not concrete and also notice the child riding it is wearing a helmet.  Once again, theirs is on the concrete driveway and no helmets have ever been worn by anyone riding this thing.  It's a disaster waiting to happen.

@Julie928

Oh, a plastic ride!

From your description, I was picturing a ride that you might find at a local fair.

Valued Contributor

In our city in So.Ca. the police might come out once and talk to the people if it is after 10 pm or has gone on for a long time.  I have been in this situation and I called animal control.  They come out and talk to the people also, but if it continues and you complain again, they will fine them.  Worth a try!

Honored Contributor

I posted earlier about our experiences with extremely annoying noise problems. I can honestly say that we have never considered moving as a solution. We would sue them before it came to that. But normally, a few discreet calls to the police makes them aware that they are on the "list." Our town also has an increasing fee for subsequent calls for breaking the noise ordinance.

@Julie928, I would cut contact with your neighbors at this point and simply contact the police and or your city officials.

Oh, and don't pay attention to the comment about how you must be annoyed at anything and everything. That person either has never been in this predicament, or she just wanted to be rude.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 ~ Thank you!  Yes, I was a bit taken back by that comment but it was bound to happen.  With so many positive, helpful and sympathetic responses I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Signed,

Mrs. Kravitz!!! ;-)

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@suzyQ3 ~ Thank you!  Yes, I was a bit taken back by that comment but it was bound to happen.  With so many positive, helpful and sympathetic responses I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Signed,

Mrs. Kravitz!!! ;-)

@Julie928, too funny. In our house, my husband is Mrs. Kravitz. But no, I don't resemble ABNER, ABNER!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland