Esteemed Contributor

Re: The SNOW is coming down!!!

My thoughts are with all of you !! Please stay warm & safe!!

Snow & ice are what I fear the most here in New York.I get very stressed worrying about my son & DH driving .It looks like we’re okay here today.We are due to get all rain.But something tells me that we’re in for a long wintery season!!

Honored Contributor

Please stay safe in that mess ladies and John.

Honored Contributor

Nothing here in Southwest OH. We never get anything. Watch me eat those words!

Honored Contributor

Nothing here in Birmingham, Alabama either.  We get excited if there is enough dusting to keep us home from work.  Don't know what everyone does with all that bread and milk.  Be safe out there, SC

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

In the middle of the same blizzard here in SE WI. My sister in IL is getting hit hard with this too. Living in WI this is nothing new. However, it is quite early in the season for this already. This is more Jan / Feb weather. 

=======

@AmericanBulldogMom here in central WI, not a thing. Weird how it tracked farther south this time.

@AuntG Glad to hear this. You guys in central WI always seem to get hit hard. Thank Mother Nature for going easy on you this time. 😉

Honored Contributor

Morning everyone.  Well, we here in St. Louis lucked out last night.  No tornado, and no snow.  Thank goodness.

Really sorry for you folks that are snowed in.  It did hit some of Missouri, but we were not included in it.  We had our share a week or so ago.  

Take care and be safe. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Nothing here in Southwest OH. We never get anything. Watch me eat those words!

I thought that anywhere from Kentucky on up would get a lot of snow in winter.  Our rare snow sometimes dips down past central AL and goes to southern AL.  Very rare for them.  I know that it is dangerous, messy and hard to get around in.  I wonder why the earth is warming but the winters are becoming more harsh.  God bless the snowy areas.  SC

Honored Contributor

I'm in Chicago too.  We didn't get as much snow as I thought we would, but it's very icey and windy out.  Our power has been out for a long time now.  We have a whole house generator - I heard it running around 4:;30 am this morning.  Not sure when the power went out.  

The streets are not cleaned yet.  It took  my husband about 45 minutes to get work.  It's usually a 10 minute drive.  

I am just not ready for this kind of weather right now...

Honored Contributor

The area where I live got 4 inches but tomorrow the temperature drops and it will turn to ice and that is when it is very unsafe.  Chicago area residents stay safe.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1, I dread the ice.  It's worse than the snow.