Honored Contributor

And, it is heavy and wet.  I heard the plow outside while I was sitting and surfing the net.  This is the Chicago area.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: The SNOW is coming down!!!

In the middle of the same blizzard here in SE WI. My sister in IL is getting hit hard with this too. Living in WI this is nothing new. However, it is quite early in the season for this already. This is more Jan / Feb weather. 

Honored Contributor

The way things look at the airport in Chicago on the news tonight, there are going to be a lot of people sleeping sitting up.  Everytime I fly to Philly in the winter and have to change planes in Chicago, I live in fear of that happening.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

The way things look at the airport in Chicago on the news tonight, there are going to be a lot of people sleeping sitting up.  Everytime I fly to Philly in the winter and have to change planes in Chicago, I live in fear of that happening.

@Kachina624  I left Chicago after the "Blizzard of '67".    The  City of Chicago just stopped.    My dad was stuck on the road in Indiana for 3 days..........a factory along the highway took in the stranded drivers, and neighboring farmers brought them food, trudging thru FEET of snow.

After I moved to L.A., I went home for the holidays.    O'Hare was snowed in while my plane was in flight.   I ended up in Cleveland, and had to go back to Chicago on a Grayhound during a blizzard.   Left me with a real fear of flying......(!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  I watch the weather like a hawk if I'm due to fly.  I'm too old to be sleeping in airports.  Aboutv3 or 4 years ago there was the possibly of a storm and SW Airlines let people change their reservations.  I did that and left a day later...flexibility is one perk of being retired.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  I watch the weather like a hawk if I'm due to fly.  I'm too old to be sleeping in airports.  Aboutv3 or 4 years ago there was the possibly of a storm and SW Airlines let people change their reservations.  I did that and left a day later...flexibility is one perk of being retired.

@Kachina624   Car salesmen always ask me "why on earth do you drive a manual transmission?"    I tell them it's easier in the snow..........and then they always ask, "WHERE are you planning to take this car?"    I usually say "Flagstaff"........it's easier to explain.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

Was snowin and blowin here most of Sunday morning and afternoon. Heard wind was 45mph, and I believe it. Had to put ice melt on my sidewalks, but hoping sun pops out tomorrow and melts some on our very long driveway. Cost a fortune to put ice melt on it.

Right across the river from Iowa!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

In the middle of the same blizzard here in SE WI. My sister in IL is getting hit hard with this too. Living in WI this is nothing new. However, it is quite early in the season for this already. This is more Jan / Feb weather. 

=======

@AmericanBulldogMom here in central WI, not a thing. Weird how it tracked farther south this time.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

And, it is heavy and wet.  I heard the plow outside while I was sitting and surfing the net.  This is the Chicago area.

i hope you stay dry, warm, and safe @Katcat1

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Good to know!

We will watch out for this next time!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~