Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

Only Kate looked good, but she usually does.

The queen looks like a queen, sort of part of her costume.  Camilla, ah well.

@Still Raining 

You do not think that Sophie Wessex looked good?  I think she did.  I think she looks a lot like Lady Di.  Not identical but very similar in appearance.  She does not have that savoir faire that Lady Di had but she is not as young and did not start out as young, which is probably much better for her longevity in the RF.

She is a lovely lady, and seems real.  Always dressed right.  But I am not a fan of the headband type hats.  Just me.

And may I say, I am thankful I am not judged this way.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I think a person has to have the right attitude to wear a hat.  If you feel uncomfortable in a hat, then you look uncomfortable.  

Thanks @MamaWick for the chuckle.  You look mahhhhhvelous, darlink.  I have a floppy garden hat that I decorate with silk flowers once a year -- we dress up to watch the Kentucky Derby right here on our living room TV.  Even mix up a batch of mint juleps to complete the mood. 

Beauty is an attitude - have a good one.

@tototwo 

I recall wanting to wear hats in my early 20's ...  at least I liked the "idea" of wearing a hat.  But when you live on the Great Lakes, there's plenty of precipitation and wind to deal with  .... and it just seemed like too much trouble if the hat blew off my head ....  I'd seen that happen many times.  In a very windy area it's better to go with a hood pulled up or a hat that ties under the chin .....   Not my favorite look.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Only Kate looked good, but she usually does.

The queen looks like a queen, sort of part of her costume.  Camilla, ah well.

Kate looked amazing and royal. High class!!  The Queen is beautiful no matter what. My heart breaks for her.

Camilla wasn't blessed with good looks ( not her fault )  but she is the one who is loved loyally and faithfully and she will be queen one day.

Trusted Contributor

While watching the Royals,during the funeral,was thinking how all that were there looked so well.They all the ladies in black with hose,shoes and their beautiful hats.They sure know how to wear them.

Honored Contributor

Am I the only one that remembers wearing hats to church?  I never went to a funeral without a hat.

Respected Contributor

Hats--who cares???

What I want to know is, what's the Queen carrying in her purse? My guess is that it's a gun and I hear she's a crack shot.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Royals and Hats

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten In case you were seriously wanting to know what is in her purse, there was a thread about this a long time ago. If memory serves me correctly, some of the things she carries are:

Mints

Doggie treats

Good-luck charms given to her by children

Mirror and lipstick (which sometimes I have seen her use)

Reading glasses

Some cash for the collection plate at church

Handkerchief

I read somewhere that she carries a daily crossword puzzle cut out from a newspaper in case there is some extra time with nothing pressing.

Believe there are several more items. She evidently uses the same purse manufacturer, style, and usually black throughout the years.

Respected Contributor

I look great in hats (wore one for my wedding instead of  a veil).  Oddly though, to my husband's disappointment, I don't wear them.  He keeps trying.  I just don't feel comfortable in them.

Esteemed Contributor

I look good in hats but I feel like a fool when I wear one. Several years ago, after the royal wedding of Kate and William, a French department store was selling fascinators. I tried a few and my husband wanted to buy one for me. I told him I'd never wear it so we moved to another department where the possibility of a real purchase was greater.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Am I the only one that remembers wearing hats to church?  I never went to a funeral without a hat.

@DiAnne 

Hmm  ....  I recall my mother always getting a beautiful new spring coat and complimentary hat for Easter Sunday.   There were a lot of patent leather shoes worn, too.