Respected Contributor

@MamaWick It's nice to finally see the face behind all of the deer posts!

Trusted Contributor

@MamaWickHahaha. This pic cracked me up. Not only are you a kind person to feed the deer everyday but you have a great sense of humor. Win/win. My kind of woman. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I look great in hats (of all things of course!) and I hate wearing hats.  Just won't wear them. . . 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Royals and Hats

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

There is something about the Queen wearing a hat that seems natural and normal, like wearing her crown, but the rest of the royal ladies IMO look frumpy and out of step with the times.  Camilla is the biggest disaster with her huge, wide hats that serve to make her look wider and emphasize her facial flaws.  She'd do well to leave her hats at home.  The younger royals in their hats look like premature matrons. Princess Anne also looks unnatural and out of place in a hat.  They do nothing for her. 

@Kachina624 

Unfortunately, Camilla doesn't have much to work with, and I think her hats are overdone to avert attention from other features.  You're right about Anne .... hats can be very difficult, and I suspect she  often chooses what she likes, not what will flatter her. 

Honored Contributor

It's just part of the Royals' normal attire, I guess.  Kate Middleton --- her choice of hats is superb!  Of course, she looks amazing in anything and everything.  And the Queen, she always has everything perfectly matched.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there is a hat style for everyone.  First, it's helpful to know the shape of your face, then follow recommendations for appropriate styles.  Then, we need to try them on.

Esteemed Contributor

I think a person has to have the right attitude to wear a hat.  If you feel uncomfortable in a hat, then you look uncomfortable.  

Thanks @MamaWick for the chuckle.  You look mahhhhhvelous, darlink.  I have a floppy garden hat that I decorate with silk flowers once a year -- we dress up to watch the Kentucky Derby right here on our living room TV.  Even mix up a batch of mint juleps to complete the mood. 

Beauty is an attitude - have a good one.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Only Kate looked good, but she usually does.

The queen looks like a queen, sort of part of her costume.  Camilla, ah well.

@Still Raining 

You do not think that Sophie Wessex looked good?  I think she did.  I think she looks a lot like Lady Di.  Not identical but very similar in appearance.  She does not have that savoir faire that Lady Di had but she is not as young and did not start out as young, which is probably much better for her longevity in the RF.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I look great in hats (of all things of course!) and I hate wearing hats.  Just won't wear them. . . 

@Sooner 

I am glad to hear there is another one here who does.  When I was younger, I was in a large department store trying on hats for fun, when a gentleman approached me and asked if I would be interested in doing some millinery commercial/advertising for the company he represented.  I did not know what to say.  I agreed, however, and I did.  He told me I had a great profile for hats.  At first, I thought he as going to be a masher, but the department manager assured me he was not. It was fun, not very longlasting, but the few ads I did I enjoyed the experience.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

I think a person has to have the right attitude to wear a hat.  If you feel uncomfortable in a hat, then you look uncomfortable.  

Thanks @MamaWick for the chuckle.  You look mahhhhhvelous, darlink.  I have a floppy garden hat that I decorate with silk flowers once a year -- we dress up to watch the Kentucky Derby right here on our living room TV.  Even mix up a batch of mint juleps to complete the mood. 

Beauty is an attitude - have a good one.

@tototwo 

A friend told me that she thought it took a glamorous, not especially beautiful or even pretty woman, to wear a hat, to which she added she never thought I was especially pretty or beautiful but she did think I was glamorous, so maybe that is right. I wear hats better than my sister who is beautiful!