Honored Contributor

Re: The Royal Family...Are You A Fan?

@BlueFinch wrote:

Not really a fan. I like some of the Royal family and dislike others. For me, I think I find them intriguing more than anything else.

The life of the Royals is so beyond the grasp, of so called ordinary folks, that it seems almost fictional. So there is an entertainment factor for observers, drawing people in. 

The Royal lavish lifestyle does provides a look back in history, having held fast to what some would call outdated traditions, opulent displays, questionable behaviors, etc. More intrigue. 

Frankly, I feel it's time for change. It's time to lighten-up and catch up with changing times. It's all too rigid and controlling for me. But I'd keep the horses and a jewel, or two ... Lol.

@BlueFinch Welcome!🥰  I became interested in school when we were taught about them in history class. It was SO different than anything I had ever seen!😊 As an adult, I became interested in the TV programming that featured the beautiful castles, coronations, fashion styles, such beautiful clothing, and Princess Diana etc!😁 

Definitely keep the jewels and horses!😂 We must keep our priorities in order!😂😂

THANK you SO much for caring to share today!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Indra wrote:

No.  I do like Harry and Meghan and wish them the best.

@Indra Welcome!🥰 I too, wish them well!❤

THANK you SO much for caring to share!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

As the economy in the UK tanks, I question the need for taxpaying commoners to support them in their lifestyle.

The UK has a system of social security for those who were considered poor. They have now introduced a level below poor. It's called destitute.

@Snowpuppy 

ITA, and I have never been a "fan".  The royals provide some PR for the country, but obviously some entertainment as well.  The pomp and silliness often makes them look like unnecessary people. 

Too many in England struggle while a big fuss is made over diamond tiaras and garden parties.   

Money is being seriously mismanaged.

@Tinkrbl44 Welcome!🥰 They DEFINITELY provide PR!👍 I am sometimes entertained by the goings on.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@sunshinestory 

I'm neither a fan nor a "non" fan.  How they conduct themselves doesn't concern me at all.  It's their lives.  If it affects others negatively, that's too bad and I would have compassion for those people.  I don't follow them but I would "follow" their dogs and horses Smiley Happy  I love to travel and have been to London.  I would like to hug one of the Royal horses tho Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT and @Oznell, there's also another movie I found interesting. It's Bertie & Elizabeth and streams for free on Tubi.

It refers several times to George's stuttering but isn't the focus. It really is a movie about the strength of the relationship between the title characters. I found it charming at times but also poignant. To me the strongest scenes were focused on the family dynamics of Bertie (George) with his father, and his brotherly love with David (Edward VIII)...and then the shift in that relationship once spouses entered the picture.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

@monicakm wrote:

@sunshinestory 

I'm neither a fan nor a "non" fan.  How they conduct themselves doesn't concern me at all.  It's their lives.  If it affects others negatively, that's too bad and I would have compassion for those people.  I don't follow them but I would "follow" their dogs and horses Smiley Happy  I love to travel and have been to London.  I would like to hug one of the Royal horses tho Smiley Happy

@monicakm Welcome!🥰 I cracked up at this post!!😂 The next time you travel there, perhaps you can hug one! Whew that was funny!😂😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles 

I'm so glad I was able to make you chuckle.  I used to make my mom laugh all the time and she loved that about me Smiley Happy  I miss her but wouldn't dream of "wishing" her back if I could.  She is in an everlasting glorious home with her maker and my brother.

ps...I hope all my horses and dogs are in heaven.  Wouldn't that be awesome!

QVC Customer Care
Super Contributor

Am I a fan?  You bet!

Esteemed Contributor

nope