Respected Contributor

Re: The Rocky Fire in CA

[ Edited ]

The recent update I received now says over 50 buildings have been destroyed and more than 6000 are in jeopardy.

Esteemed Contributor
How terrible. My prayers are with those in this awful fire.
Respected Contributor

About 200 San Diego firefighters with Cal Fire are up in central and norhtern CA. Praying everyone is safe. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Re: The Rocky Fire in CA

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

I was in both the San Diego Fires, 2003 and 2007 and believe me there is not much that is more frightening.  The first fire we packed for evacuation very quickly... then the fire diverted and we didn't have to leave.

The second fire was extremely frightening because we were surrounded on three sides, threw things, people and animals into our motorhome and went down to the Stadium (Mission Valley) until we were told we could go home.  We lived back near the Route 67 climb up to Ramona and although we didn't have horses, many did... they were set free and everyone got the heck out of there.  This fire continued to the Coast, wiping out whole neighborhoods.  There were several fires going at the same time, ours, one up in Ramona that almost surrounded the town and threatened it, and one or two in the East counties (my son was up in Ramona helping his friends )... It was BAD....

The devastation was horrible!  Unbelievable that it could take out so many neighborhoods.  But the winds were so strong that it was extremely difficult getting in front of it....  many people died.

So my prayers are strongly sent to everyone dealing with fire....  scares me beyond reason....

How scary. I was with friends when the San Marcos fires started. They got the reverse 911 call so we grabbed pets and got in the cars. The traffic was so backed up and people were crashing into each other at the intersection of Rancho Santa Fe and El Camino Real. Nothing like what you went through. That's crazy. 

I remember in '07 people were receiving calls to evacuate. When they returned home they discovered they had been burglarized. The calls were fake. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

How scary. I was with friends when the San Marcos fires started. They got the reverse 911 call so we grabbed pets and got in the cars. The traffic was so backed up and people were crashing into each other at the intersection of Rancho Santa Fe and El Camino Real. Nothing like what you went through. That's crazy. 

I remember in '07 people were receiving calls to evacuate. When they returned home they discovered they had been burglarized. The calls were fake. 

----------------------------------------------------

Yes!  I shouldn't have forgotten the San Marcos fire, it was also horrible... to many fires and spread so quickly.  Burglarizing an evacuated home should be punished very severly!  jmho... Woman Sad 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Please, God, send some much needed rain to our friends in California.  They need it so badly.  Thanks.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Prayers for everyone involved.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••