Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Robert Durst trial is on now on Court TV

@roxxy1 wrote:

@newjersey   He's so creepy and guilty.  Do you know if he's sitting in a jail cell or out on bail.  I'm curious..........

There was something on TV some time ago abt him . It mentioned his wife's disappearance and probable murder . He was convicted of killing his friend  , a lady he had been friends with sinc he was young. ?  I think his Maother commited suicide .

He killed his friend because she knew to much abt his coming and going when his wife disappeared. I think Robert Durst had some elaborate scenerio he was living and dressing as a woman I don't remember  the entires tory , but It was really weid & creepy. Don't let that old  geble man look of his fool you. He is a  devious devil.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3  So you picked up my word choice dilemma. Someone can be "incompetent" but still be interesting to watch on TV. I didn't want to use "unresponsive" because that's too medical. Describing him as a "lump of cold potatoes" isn't kind. "Emotionally flat" doesn't work. So I chose "dynamic" simply to mean he just sits there and nothing changes. ???.....

Super Contributor

I am watching the Mollie Tibbetts trial.  It was an interesting day of testimony.

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@newjersey   He's so creepy and guilty.  Do you know if he's sitting in a jail cell or out on bail.  I'm curious..........

@roxxy1 wrote:

@roxxy1   He's in jail as they spoke of the medical attention there.

Honored Contributor

Durst is a serial killer, unbelievable that he has gotten away with all of them for so long, and he won't live long enough to suffer being in prison for the rest of his life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Keeping in mind that I haven't kept up with the trial, etc. and haven't seen or read the entire testimony, evidence, and trial:

Some people have a 'one track mind'.  They just do whatever they want to do.  Period.

No thought about the law, no empathy.  

Sort of a robotic way to live.  

And some come across as being very

respectable, ethical, etc.   

We all (or some or many) have seen this personality type on the various real life crime shows.  Cold cases, etc.

I sometimes run across those true crime shows on Justice TV, Court TV, etc.  

There is a woven thread of similiarites that seems to run through many of these personality types.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).