Respected Contributor

Re: ....The Rest of the Story

[ Edited ]

I always believe every poster--until I don't.  

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 @drizzellla Driz started the "Neighbor Concern" thread under Community Chat.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

My apologies to the late Paul Harvey for borrowing his turn of phrase, but have you ever wondered how some of the situations that have been posted on the boards, were resolved?

Like, for example, there was a thread about a lady who had a neighbor who lived across the street, and, if I remember correctly, he hadn't been seen in several days. So she went over, and quietly let herself in, and softly called his name. She got no response from him.

Many here urged her to call her local police department to do a wellness check, to see if he was okay.

We never heard again about whether he was fine, or not.

Stories like that.

I know that no one is obligated to tell us how things turn out, but it would be nice if once in awhile we were to hear the rest of the story.

Again, my apologies to the late Paul Harvey.

Yes, that was me. And I went back into the discussion and made a copy of the post I made after the initial post about my neighbor.

"OK - I tried calling his landline. It rang and rang and rang and then went to voice mail.  I went to his house. And let myself in. I left the bag of mail right by the front door, so his drugs would not freeze tonight. Called out his name numerous times.

He was sitting in his den with the TV on and he was taking a nap. All is well. Thanks for giving me the push to do something."

There were numerous comments. So I added - 

"And yes I did not talk to him. I didn't want to wake him. But he was breathing and his arm was up under his chin in the recliner. He moved his arm slightly. "

The discussion continued and then someone posted all the personal information she could find about me and wanted people to "track me down". The Moderator deleted several posts and I had no desire to continue the discussion.

Here is a post from someone regarding "tracking me down".

"Wait a minute, why any one is talking about tracking her down,is just way over the top,  not called for, i do think she should call the police ,and really check what is going on with this man,something is wrong."

So for all you ladies that have a sixth sense about posters that write posts for attention or whatever you think. Go and post.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

"hink-o-meter"    Cat LOLCat LOL

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla Yes, some people here are "way over the top"  in their reactions and postings.  It's like I was saying about posters being criticized when they talk about issues here.  That's why I'll never post an issue/problem I may have regarding family/neighbors. You'll get blasted from all sides.

Someone posting here really wanted to track you down?   Wow!

Respected Contributor

I AM THE PERSON WHO USED THE WORDS "TRACK DOWN" IN THAT THREAD. What happened then is happening now, so an intervention is needed.

My words were taken out of context, a storm blew up, and I was glad the mods took everything down.

I can't be responsible for people who don't read every word in a sentence. In this case, the most important word was "IF." What I wrote was "IF @drizzellla or somebody else was in trouble, alone, and couldn't or wouldn't call the police, I would try to track them down (to then inform the police).

I stand by those words today.

As for @drizzellla's personal details, I simply noted that she puts lots of detail in her posts (and I enjoyed that aspect of her writing style), and clues to a person's location can always be found in details.

I stand by those words today.

@drizzellla , I am sorry what I wrote was misinterpreted and affected you so. Again, the mods were correct in taking it all down.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's going on now in this thread should be a lesson on chat boards: Threads that deal with posters' conduct never end up well. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

What's going on now in this thread should be a lesson on chat boards: Threads that deal with posters' conduct never end up well. 

Kinda like any and all Covid threads?   Or any RF threads as well.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Kinda like any and all Covid threads?   Or any RF threads as well.

Not really, @KKJ. I'm talking primarily about meta topics -- thread about posters in any way. But yes, of course many non-meta threads can go south.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is challenging moderation