Respected Contributor

Re: ....The Rest of the Story

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
No one could top R&R and her son and DIL.

Oh, she was the best when it came to the outlandish stories!

I remember that whole thing playing out - over and over and over.  I probably dropped out of reading them after a while, so I don't even know there was an end to the story but suffice to say the whole thing was truly bizarre.

@chickenbutt   I think the last thing that I read was that DIL, son and baby were heading to somewhere in Asia.

After that, nothing.

It is kind of your to offer advice on something even though you are not acknowledged.  Someone else may be reading and your reply touched them in some way.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Interesting point. 

I was going to say that you don't have to apologize to Paul Harvey because that phrase wasn't trademarked, but then I checked and it HAD been trademarked in 2019, although Paul died in 2009.   

From what I can tell, it looks like "they" (probably heirs of the estate)  are going to sell Paul's body of work.  Using the term in every day conversation wouldn't be the same thing, of course.

THE REST OF THE STORY is a trademark of Paulynne, Inc.. Filed in May 19 (2019), the THE REST OF THE STORY covers streaming of audio, video and audiovisual material on the Internet; electronic transmission and streaming of digital media content for others via global computer networks

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
No one could top R&R and her son and DIL.

Oh, she was the best when it came to the outlandish stories!

I remember that whole thing playing out - over and over and over.  I probably dropped out of reading them after a while, so I don't even know there was an end to the story but suffice to say the whole thing was truly bizarre.

@chickenbutt   I think the last thing that I read was that DIL, son and baby were heading to somewhere in Asia.

After that, nothing.

It is kind of your to offer advice on something even though you are not acknowledged.  Someone else may be reading and your reply touched them in some way.

Ah, so it sounds like I didn't miss anything.  Smiley Happy

None of it is about me.  I don't want anything to be about me.  I was just illustrating a scenario I've seen play out here and, while it doesn't bother me, it might bother somebody else.

When I think I have something that might help somebody I just want to try and contribute.   If it helps somebody along the way, that's awesome!  So many here have helped me over the years and I would truly hope I never ignored, or in any way offended or hurt, somebody else who was just here to help.

Honored Contributor

I haven't lost any sleep over any unresolved posts.   

Understanding the poster is key for me, and usually explains a lot.

Trusted Contributor

I remember reading that she couldn't get a flight out to her beloved home in Greece. I wonder if she ever did or if there is still no international travel as many countries are not accepting US citizens or putting them in quarantine for 10 days upon arrival. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@agb80 wrote:

I remember reading that she couldn't get a flight out to her beloved home in Greece. I wonder if she ever did or if there is still no international travel as many countries are not accepting US citizens or putting them in quarantine for 10 days upon arrival. 

But she COULD get a flight. Just not exactly what she wanted. I provided her with a number of alternatives, but she had excuses for why every single option wasn't acceptable to her. She insisted it had to be non-stop on British Airways from Atlanta to Athens. She wouldn't accept connections, nor would she accept any other airline, even if it was a code share with BA. For someone that claimed she'd worked as a flight attendant, she really knew very, very little about travel. She also claimed to have Greek citizenship, so she would've been able to return home at any time. It was all just a part of the fairy tale. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@FrostyBabe1thank you!

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1  There were sooo many inconsistencies in her stories. Talking about an abusive husband then posts the following week they were doing things together when many posters gave her advice on how to get away from him. Etc. etc. etc.....

Respected Contributor

I'm glad the OP started this post because I've always felt the same way.  I belong to a few forums and sometimes I have gone out of my way to help someone find a product or an answer to their question and have not received any acknowledge that they even bothered to read my reply.  

In regards to the mention of posters making up stories, there was one post here a few years ago that really stretched the realm of reality.  I wonder if anyone remembers it?

The Op went into great detail of how she and her husband met this couple somewhere in a park in Europe and both of them each had the same first name.  That in and of itself wasn't all that unusual but then she added more to the story.   If I remember it right she said both couples had married in the same year and the same month and day, she in the US and the other couple in Europe.  Okay I agree that could have been possible, but then she went on to say that both she and the other woman became pregnant at the same time.  Still not too far of a stretch of the imagination, but here's the kicker.  She said they each had their baby at the same minute, she in the US and the other woman in Europe, and each named their babies the same first and middle name even though they had never discussed any names.

Now if that was a true story it has to be one of the most unusual turn of events that I have ever heard.  I think there was even a little more to the story than I remember. 

If someone reading this is the actual OP of this story, I sincerely apologize, but you do have to admit that the realities of this story seem very unlikely.   I believe in coincidences but this one might be a little far and above normal events.

Esteemed Contributor

One of her last posts, she claimed to know Giorgia Ziardie (Lady C), and that she was going to be visiting her here in the States, and would we, the posters like it if she stopped by and said "Hi".

Yeah, that was a bit far-fetched, even for me.

My hink-o-meter doubts that she even was Greek to begin with.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.