Esteemed Contributor

Re: ....The Rest of the Story

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Wow, tiresome enough that so many posters spend time writing about all the hosts, but now they are focusing on fellow posters?

PLEASE BUY SOMETHING FROM QVC and write about the product!!  This is a shopping channel!!

Yet you have no hesitation replying to posts that are as far removed from products as can be. 

Nothing like contributing to the "offense"  which you are protesting.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Wow, tiresome enough that so many posters spend time writing about all the hosts, but now they are focusing on fellow posters?

PLEASE BUY SOMETHING FROM QVC and write about the product!!  This is a shopping channel!!

Yet you have no hesitation replying to posts that are as far removed from products as can be. 

Nothing like contributing to the "offense"  which you are protesting.

I have not purchased from Q in years but I have always enjoyed the forumsSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Many posters come here to vent and that is it.  They just want to vent.  They do that and they're done.  They are not looking to give other posters closure.

@qbetzforreal   There are only a handful of posters here  I've become somewhat interested in their personal life and health issues, what's happening in their lives. I try not to get too involved in other posters' woes. 

With other posters, I read the thread, give my thoughts, if any, and let it go. I've realized after those threads, we never get  closure or an end to their story.  

Yes, they need to vent and after that, like with a therapist session, they're done.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't  mind made up situations, at least they're somewhat interesting, not like the bland topics which are all we are permitted here.

There was a time when some posters were out of line with personal attacks and those posts removed, now whole threads disappear for no apparent reason. It's disappointing..

As to the rest of the story, the OP should at least return to thank those who posted

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I don't  mind made up situations, at least they're somewhat interesting, not like the bland topics which are all we are permitted here.

There was a time when some posters were out of line with personal attacks and those posts removed, now whole threads disappear for no apparent reason. It's disappointing..

As too the rest of the story,, the OP should at least return to thank those who posted

"the OP should at least return to thank those who posted."

Really?  Why?  I mean, I will heart certain posts, but is it really necessary to thank each person who posts on your thread?   

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have wondered about the rest of the story with some of the posters who have been mentioned in this thread. 

Some I had forgotten about though.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ   Of course it's not necessary to thank each person but after people give their time and thought to doing a post and often take time to provide some research or a referral, it's only common courtesy to at least thank the group as a whole  and acknowledge the replies.  To do any less is just rude. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Well, guess I don't recall the threads where a lot of research went into responding to the OP.  The ones I remember involved neighbor disputes and such. And as I mentioned in earlier post, most of those ended up blasting and critical of the OP for their story.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that many times posters write here of their issue "in the heat of the moment."  They want to vent and get immediate opinions on their current situation.

They may not come back to thank or give resolution to the issue for other posters as their problem has been remedied, they took a different path than what was advised, or they are busy with life.

If I give feedback here, I try not to expect an update as they don't usually happen.

Personally, if I ask for recommendations or suggestions on something, I always try to reply as I appreciate anyone taking the time to respond.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@Anonymous032819  I remember the woman who had extremely inconsiderate neighbors across the street from her house and she was unable to back out of her driveway because these neighbors' cars were routinely blocking her access to the road.  There were many suggestions from posters on how she could handle this dire situation but she never followed up to let us know how (or if) it was resolved.

@pdlinda, if you are talking about a very recent thread, that poster has replied.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland