Esteemed Contributor

My apologies to the late Paul Harvey for borrowing his turn of phrase, but have you ever wondered how some of the situations that have been posted on the boards, were resolved?

Like, for example, there was a thread about a lady who had a neighbor who lived across the street, and, if I remember correctly, he hadn't been seen in several days. So she went over, and quietly let herself in, and softly called his name. She got no response from him.

Many here urged her to call her local police department to do a wellness check, to see if he was okay.

We never heard again about whether he was fine, or not.

Stories like that.

I know that no one is obligated to tell us how things turn out, but it would be nice if once in awhile we were to hear the rest of the story.

Again, my apologies to the late Paul Harvey.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Re: ....The Rest of the Story

I agree.  If a person posts on here for advice and people take time to respond, then I think it's rude for them not to follow up.   But it happens a lot on here. 

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Yes, I remember that story.  I also remember a poster who came from Greece.  Her name began with a D.  Suddenly she too disappeared.  Of course OPs don't have to continue with their concerns, but a quick update and thank you are always appreciated.  

People have been generous with their time and advice.  The lack of a follow up or conclusion makes one think twice about replying.   

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz - It's funny you mentioning that poster who came from Greece, because I've also been wondering for the past few days just what became of her.  She was posting a lot and being given all kinds of advice.  Maybe she went back to Greece without telling anyone?

And I agree that it would be nice for posters to follow up, when they've started a thread and received responses.  Or if they've asked for help in identifying (or finding) an item, to at least say thanks, when people help out.

If fellow posters take the time to answer a question or offer advice, it's just courteous to at least say a quick thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819    I remember that story.  It boggled my mind that she would even hesitate to call the police.  Something fishy there. 

It drives me nut the way people relate these convoluted stories then walk away with no follow-up or explanation. I guess it pays not to get too involved or take them seriously. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: the poster from Greece, I think there was something funny going on with her husband and the mods started deleting her posts.  That situation went on for months and was very weird then she just dropped out of sight. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes, I remember both examples. Good point. There are times I ask the OP to let us know how things turn out; we are curious by nature. The woman that kept talking about returning to another country...I never quite bought the stories. But people would be fighting with one another over her posts. The mods were kept busy with that one. Currently there is someone that continues to goat people and many posters seem to feed into the silliness, over and over again. For once, I'd like to see no one respond. I bet they'd disappear if they didn't get the attention they so desperately seek. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I think there was something fishy about the two posters. My 6 th sense is usually on target, so I refrained from posting on those.  However, my imagination was going full blast. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

The Greece lady was full of it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I remember the woman who had extremely inconsiderate neighbors across the street from her house and she was unable to back out of her driveway because these neighbors' cars were routinely blocking her access to the road.  There were many suggestions from posters on how she could handle this dire situation but she never followed up to let us know how (or if) it was resolved.