Honored Contributor

Re: The Real Value of $100 in Each State

@kivah wrote:

I live in southern Calif. and never use the heater - and have no air conditioning - in my home. I wear the same type of clothes all year round - don't own a coat, boots, etc. My utilities bills are quite low. You have to figure in ur total expenses for the year, doesn't depend on which area of the country u live.

i have an apartment in southern california......we do use a/c and we do  use heat.....depending on the weather. my s/o is cold when it gets below 60! our utlities are GENERALLY around $80 a month or so. of course right now gasoline there is about $1 a gallon above what i pay in the maryland area. overall southern california is A LOT more expensive of a place to live.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Marp,

Thanks for the interesting post

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

Interesting......thanks Marp.

I think Long Island is probably even lower.....I'm guessing the amount is a state average?

Yes, figures are based on the state's average.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

Very interesting...and I'm not really surprised at most of these figures!

In some states I think it may depend on where you live, but for the most part it's pretty accurate I believe.
Valued Contributor

great thread!  Yeah baby!  Michigan is at $105.