Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen's Platinum Jubilee

The reason she has 2 dates for  b'days is because of the likihood of bad weather, same goes for Prince Charles I believe.  They acknowledge few months apart because you never know about the rainy weather, etc.

Not that she thinks she deserves 2 birthdays.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@faeriemoon Is it 70? If she was crowned  in 1953 that would be 68 years.

@KACEE1115   1952.  So it will be 70 years this year, 2022.

(Even it had been 1953, that would be 69 years.)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I realize this is a six-month-old thread, but it seemed the best place to note that even though the celebration will be this summer (June), her 70 years is actually next month. The following is part of the Vogue Guide to the Platinum Jubilee article:

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.47.07 PM.png

I hope she has great health and can celebrate in June with an awesome week of events; however, if something happens to her health before then, she will have already achieved that awesome number of 70 years on the throne!

The article also says the Queen is not the longerst reigning royal.

Is the Queen the longest-reigning monarch in history? Not quite yet. Johann II of Liechtenstein and Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand both ruled for over 70 years, while France’s Louis XIV sat on the throne for more than 72. The Queen could, however, surpass the latter’s record in 2024—and that would certainly be another milestone worth celebrating.

Isn't the Queen's actual birthday in April?

Respected Contributor

I'm looking forward to seeing it on TV, nobody does pomp and circumtance like the Royals!  I so admire HM and all the years that she served.  

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

What I always admired about her was her ability to stay physically fit but then again she is wealthy beyond our imagination and the land she owns with her ability to get away from it all and walk in the fresh air with her dogs as well as her life long interest in horseback riding has added years to her life and obviously to Prince Philip. We would all like to live to age 99 and beyond but sadly that's not within the reach of the average man or woman. 

@agb80 It's in her genes.  Her mother lived to more than 100, maybe 102?