Respected Contributor

Re: The Queen's Platinum Jubilee

@Pearlee  Love, love, love The Trooping of The Colour there is a 'mini' version being played out over this weekend at Windsor to celebrate Queen's official birthday - will await videos!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee  Love, love, love The Trooping of The Colour there is a 'mini' version being played out over this weekend at Windsor to celebrate Queen's official birthday - will await videos!

@dulwich  I remember when Kate was dating William and she and I think her mother (in the gum chewing incident) were there.

I remember Kate couldn't hold back giggling at William in his ridiculous garb with that huge black plume he was wearing. He turned beet red when he passed her and saw her giggling.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich   I stand corrected.

An invite to the jubilee may be coming your way!

Let us know.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

So is it a platinum jubilee or a diamond jubilee?

Flaming Cherries Jubilee Rum Cake | Just A Pinch Recipes

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Mersha   DH gets all twitchy if we are asked about RF 'events' and then I/we (daughters) get the lecture on non disclosure which we all listen to then put on some rock n roll!  DH says he doesn't stand a chance with all us women!  

By the way he is over there now hence me awaiting videos! 

Honored Contributor

My apologies, @dulwich .  I made a "royal" blunder.  (And a terrible pun.)

Respected Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Mersha   DH gets all twitchy if we are asked about RF 'events' and then I/we (daughters) get the lecture on non disclosure which we all listen to then put on some rock n roll!  DH says he doesn't stand a chance with all us women!  

By the way he is over there now hence me awaiting videos! 

@dulwich  I totally understand about nondisclosure.

Do you have a long list of items that you would like your DH to bring home that you cannot get in the states?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha   No, not really as until the pandemic I go back and forth regularly as we still maintain home over there.

Now things are getting back to somewhat  being 'normal' hopefully I can go back soon and 'fill me boots' with all the food I miss! Lol

Esteemed Contributor

Why do they need 500 horses for the Platinum Jubilee? Are they using that many bodyguards? I don't understand exactly what all the horses are used for. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I realize this is a six-month-old thread, but it seemed the best place to note that even though the celebration will be this summer (June), her 70 years is actually next month. The following is part of the Vogue Guide to the Platinum Jubilee article:

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.47.07 PM.png

I hope she has great health and can celebrate in June with an awesome week of events; however, if something happens to her health before then, she will have already achieved that awesome number of 70 years on the throne!

The article also says the Queen is not the longerst reigning royal.

Is the Queen the longest-reigning monarch in history? Not quite yet. Johann II of Liechtenstein and Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand both ruled for over 70 years, while France’s Louis XIV sat on the throne for more than 72. The Queen could, however, surpass the latter’s record in 2024—and that would certainly be another milestone worth celebrating.