Honored Contributor

Re: ๐Ÿ‘‘The Queen has been replaced!๐Ÿ

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

The truth of the matter is that Beyonce has nothing to do with the museum's decision to pull this stunt. Liking her or dislinking is irrelevant.

ITA.

And her โ€˜political viewsโ€™?  

What the heck does that have to do with anything?

What the heck does that have to do with a wax figure?

SMH๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Iโ€™m still convince some believe this was a live human & not wax. 

Itโ€™s just a tongue-in-cheek funny, light-hearted 1-day thing.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

The truth of the matter is that Beyonce has nothing to do with the museum's decision to pull this stunt. Liking her or dislinking is irrelevant.

ITA.

And her โ€˜political viewsโ€™?  

What the heck does that have to do with anything?

What the heck does that have to do with a wax figure?

SMH๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Iโ€™m still convince some believe this was a live human & not wax. 

Itโ€™s just a tongue-in-cheek funny, light-hearted 1-day thing.

There are people who do not like her because of her connections to certain politicians. It has nothing directly to do with the wax figure, but there a lots of comments here and elsewhere where people are very negative about her, and I have no doubt that for some, that is the reason. Really, I'm not sure why you felt the need to "shake your head."

Honored Contributor

I wonder if anyone will write, call or email the museum about this travesty? Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

There is no comparison between the two.  Her Majesty, the Queen of England is exactly that...a queen.  Beyonce is a celebrity, simply known as someone who is famous because she entertains.  

@Lindsays Grandma 

Oh, come on!    The queen did NOTHING to qualify for the job .....  really, it's just an accident of birth and people attach importance to it.   I also think Beyonce is highly overrated, but that's another conversation for another day.

@Tinkrbl44...You are entitled to your opinion where the queen is concerned.  Yes, she came by the title due to the fact she was next in line, however, the people love her and she has done an excellent job ruling the country for many, many years.  Now I will sit on my hands.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

From what I understand of the British government, the UK has a constitutional monarchy, the ability to  make and pass legislation belongs to Parliament rather than the Queen/King.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never been a Beyoncรฉ fan, but it sounds as if Madame Tussaudโ€™s is desperate for some gimmicks to get customers in the door. I donโ€™t think The Queen will care what Tussaudโ€™s does. She is above worrying about such trivialities. 

Respected Contributor

bey.JPG