Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen and her fashion

Image result for camilla pictures

Honored Contributor

@lulu1

i didnt say that the queen looked younger, but at least one other person did and i was surprised. just dont agree at all. thanks for all of the charles and camilla photos! Woman Happy

http://celebrityinsider.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Camilla-Parke-Bowles-Reportedly-Seduced-Charles-Due-To-Her-Husbands-Affair-With-Princess-Anne.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Phillip is just amazing for 97. When he was young he was considered quite handsome. He has always been trim, and very athletic

I just read today that Prince Philip attended the wedding with a broken rib. Those British and their stiff upper lip.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He did indeed @drizzellla and had been exercising for weeks ,so he could attend the wedding. He was determined he was going to be there ,no matter what. I'm sure he wasn't all the comfortable all the time ,either. He is just amazing

Esteemed Contributor

The Queen is the epitome of self control. She made a vow to the British people when she was a young woman and has kept her promise all these years. She is a symbol of a United Kingdom that has changed dramatically, all the while that she has changed little. However, there have been times when she was forced to change, as in her initial reaction to Lady Diana’s death. She misjudged her people but made the changes that were required to maintain the position of the monarchy during a precarious time.

Now, about the clothes. The black shoes and bag were unattractive. The clothes are beautifully tailored and fitted but they are more like a uniform than an outfit. My 96 year old mother says the Queen looks frumpy. There’s a bit of a church-lady look to her clothes. Of course, in her position in the Church of England, she really IS the ultimate church lady.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45

I did not make myself clear.  I know you were not inferring the Queen looked younger than her DIL.

Have a nice holiday weekend.

Honored Contributor

She looked great as usual...she should teach Camilla how to wear a hat and tell her to ditch the hideous pink one she has been wearing for several years.
Super Contributor

I told my co-worker that the Queen was actually the best dressed at the wedding (along with her black bag and shoes)....I especially loved seeing her in the official wedding photo with her seated because I got to see the dress more....and what made it all the better, she had a smile on her face....simply gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@lulu1

i didnt say that the queen looked younger, but at least one other person did and i was surprised. just dont agree at all. thanks for all of the charles and camilla photos! Woman Happy

http://celebrityinsider.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Camilla-Parke-Bowles-Reportedly-Seduced-Charles-Due-To-Her-Husbands-Affair-With-Princess-Anne.jpg

Now, that is one happy couple.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw Queen Eliabeth and Prince Philip in person when they were given a ticker tape parade in NYC many years ago.  They were sitting in a convertible, so I didn't see her shoes, but I remember her black handbag and that famous wave of her hand!