Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen and her fashion

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman, go get your knee replaced, please.  The surgery is easier now.  

Honored Contributor

Saw this photo of the Queen yesterday and I thought it was pretty. That tiara and jewelry, wow😲 I believe it was taken in 1965.

queen_elizabeth-1997cc8b-4f22-4d3d-a9c0-5ddb4cddccdc.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

When she was a young woman ,she was always on the best dresed list

Trusted Contributor

The Queen has found a style that looks very good on her.  I think she always looks lovely and I especially like her hats.  I read a long time ago that she only wears 2 colors of shoes, gloves, and purse:  either black or white.

The Queen looks younger and dresses better than Camilla.  It doesn't take alot of money to wear clothes that look good on you, especially when you have access to stylists who would be more than happy to help and advise you. 

The hat that Camilla wore to Charles' birthday party was much more attractive on her than the one she wore to the wedding.  Often, her hats look like they were patterned off of garbage can lids (the old, round metal kind).

Trusted Contributor

The Queen is an amazing woman and has been an amazing monarch, in spite of the bad behavior of her various offspring. She is very “old school”, a product of a time that will never be again. Prince Philip has been her helpmate and admirer all these many years.  They have played their roles in history so well. I am old enough to just barely remember the Queen’s coronation in 1952 or 53. Well done Lilibet. 

Respected Contributor

HRM is always impeccably put together.

Valued Contributor

I've read that the queen has stylists who supervise the custom-design of her clothing. She always wears Easter egg colors so she stands out in a crowd. She doesn't need to carry a purse because she is always accompanied by an entourage, but she is old-school so she totes a faithful purse that contains just a few essentials, such as a hankerchief and a few personal mementos symbolizing each of her children.

My mom, who is of her generation, thought she always dressed in an insufferably dowdy fashion and that's one reason why Diana was such a breath of fresh air.

Esteemed Contributor

I can see Meghan shaking up fashions of the Royals in a few years. The Monarchy needs to change with the times. I'd love to see what they actually wear when they're not on camera.

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@RainCityWoman, go get your knee replaced, please.  The surgery is easier now.  

NOOOOOO! I can't bear the thought of it. I had major upper back surgery in 2005, and now I have lower back issues, but the thought of that recovery keeps me from considering any other recovery. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1,

Me too🌻