Re: The Queen and her fashion

@Patriot3 I thought the same thing.  

Honored Contributor

What do you think the coat was made of!  It looks like a boucle, but idk

Respected Contributor

@CaneCorsoMom wrote:

I love her outfits - the same exact style - just in different colors - easy peasy.  She only carries a certain handbag from the same company she has been buying from forever - probably has a Glock and some tissues in there.  

Maybe she heard a QVC host (or 2...or 3...) say, "Get one in every color!"

Respected Contributor

I do remember watching her very first televised Christmas messages in black and white.  She wore a dress that was very slightly low cut and showed an ever so faint cleavage.  Well, all hell broke lose about the indecently dressed queen.

The next day (Christmas has a second holiday in Europe) she appeared again with the same dress, however a piece of material was in place of the offending low cut from the day before.  (Same dress).

So, here we are about 7 decades later and the poor queen still doesn't know how to dress to please everyone.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

this outfit shown is very beautiful on her and she wears it well. love how she wears  colors that stand out in a crowd.

i will say though that i do not care for her black shoes and black handbag with that outfit. they both just look out of place. a neutral, matching, or even white shoe would have looked nicer.

of course, she is the queen.....she can choose whatever she wants. LOL

(someone mentioned that she is frugal.....i dont see that at all, but maybe i am missing something?)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I think she is right in style with her shoes!  Block heels!!

They are so in style now! Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed her ensemble and all, but to tell you the truth, I was watching her walk, thinking good heavens the woman is decades older than I am, and she walks with more spirit than I do with my bone on bone knee and my lower back arthritis. Good for her! She's amazing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you wondered like I did........A fun read.

What-039-s-in-the-Queen-039-s-Handbag-by-Phil-Dampier-Ashley-Walton

Honored Contributor

I think she sort of considers her day dresses sort of a uniform.  Nothing to call attention to style and fashion, just a classic look in bright colors to help people see her in the crowd because she is TINY.

I think it is all part of her image and what people expect of her and most of all what she expects of herself, which is to be the Queen. 

Honored Contributor

Her clothes are really timeless .She dresses a lot like her mother did .at her age. Usually a coat and dress ensemble