Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Queen and her fashion

I'm thinking that the Queen probably wears those shoes because they are comfortable for her 92 yo feet, and the heck what people think.  I would rather see her wear something practical that she can walk in rather than a stilleto in which she might fall.

Honored Contributor

She hangs with her dogs just like us - granted her place is a wee bigger than mine - but still.....

PAY-Queen-Elizabeth-II-is-seen-walking-in-the-private-grounds-of-Windsor-Castle-with-four-of-her-dogs.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once upon a time, white shoes.

Image result for young queen elizabeth 2

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

@cherry Can't stop laughing at your response! 😆😆😆😆

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I also heard that there are weights sewn into the hems of her skirts, just in case it gets windy.  We must never see the Queen's skirt flying up and about.

@sophiamarie  I think it was Chanel jackets that had a chain sewn into the hem to make them fall nicely.

Honored Contributor

@CaneCorsoMom wrote:

I love her outfits - the same exact style - just in different colors - easy peasy.  She only carries a certain handbag from the same company she has been buying from forever - probably has a Glock and some tissues in there.  

@CaneCorsoMom  Probably a couple of clips too!  GOOD laugh over that!  

Honored Contributor

She's always hunted, so she'd certainly know how to shoot someone and not miss.  However, I think she has security for that.  Woman Wink

She's a class act and can wear whatever she wants. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

She's a very wealthy older woman who has all her outfits made for her ..... how could she possibly dress badly?    It's not like she's putting those outfits together by herself, lol.

There are some very wealthy women (young and older) who have access to all kinds of top designers and stylists - and they still look like a hot mess.

The Queen decides on her own wardrobe.  Yes, they are made for her, but it's still her own style.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in awe that she wears a bit of a heel!!!  Omg, I have to wear flat shoes because of feet.  She wear a small block heel at 90 probably because she took care of her feet, lol.  Never saw her in stilettos.  I have seen her in a cream shoe, but not in a while.  She does her handbags and shoes made for her, and yes they are expensive.  I love her hats.  She is always so put together.  She wears these striking colors.  So beautiful

Super Contributor

I love the Queens style it suits her for sure. I live she wears bright colors I don't care what shoes or bag she wears. I also was admiring her broach which I believe she wears frequently.