Super Contributor

First let me preface this by saying I loved watching the royal wedding and think Meghan looked gorgeous and elegant.

But now I have to comment on the Queen.  I thought her outfit was beautiful, and loved the green and puple colors. I swear she is getting cuter the older she gets.  But her shoes and purse! They looked like black leather.  Really ?  She can certainly afford anything she wants.  Couldn't she have shoes and purse to match the outfit ? Like perhaps bone shoes and a purple or green purse?  Do you think her advisors try to suggest  something  like that and she rejects the idea ?  

And don't get me started on Princess Anne and her funeral outfit!

Respected Contributor

Re: The Queen and her fashion

[ Edited ]

The Queen prefers black bags and shoes. They are specially made for her. Her handbag is also custom made. They are made exactly how she likes.

She is one of the richest women in the world, but she is also frugal. I think that purse is is about $2000 and is understated. She wears it until it wears out. 

That's the thing with sources. Sigh. I read somewhere else that she has 200 of the same bag.

(I know some people who aren't queens that have that many. Smiley Wink )

Honored Contributor

I don't think anyone would dare suggest any such thing to the Queen of England.  She always looks amazing.  Her shoes and handbags are made especially for her and I suspect that she wears black shoes and carries a black handbag on purpose because her outfits are so bright and colorful.  Black grounds the color.  This was daytime wedding, it's possible that she wears dye to match shoes with formal gowns.  

Honored Contributor

For a 90 year old woman I think she looks terrific. I hope if I make that far, I do half as well

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think she always looks fantastic.

Respected Contributor

The Queen is amazing.  At 92, she still goes horseback riding. Her husband will be 97 next month. They have been married for over 70 years.

I don't even think they think of black grounding the color. I really think it's a matter of practicality. She may be in good health, but very few 92-year-olds can wear pumps. Evening dress is a different thing.

Until she was about 50, the Queen paid more attention to fashion. Now she is an institution.

I like her how she is. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I just find her simply FABULOUS !

Honored Contributor

Enough of the Queen's lime green coat!  I want to see that gorgeous dress she had on underneath it!  I bet it was beautiful and shouldn't have been covered up!

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at Mon, May 21, 2018-4.02.20 PM.pnggettyimages-960050018-1526728621.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I loved the outfit.... the green is fabulous and then throw in that

purple ....wonderful