Respected Contributor

Re: The Queen, Radiant in Red!

Yes.  She looks young and vibrant in red.  Bold colors are much better for her,IMO.   She hasn't asked me though.

Honored Contributor

Prince Philip was of course a Navy man, so this outing must have made the Queen happy for that reason, if no other.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

She looks great in red.  I would think Prince Andrew would be the center of her concern not her grandson.  

I think losing the love of her life is the center of her concern amd rightfully so.

She must miss him immensely.

@KingstonsMom 

I am sure she does miss him but doubt it came as a shock considering his age.

@DiAnne 

Expected or not, due to age, physical problems, etc., loss of a loved one is always a "shock", in my experience.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her Majesty is magnificent. She's always impeccable when in public. A life of devotion and commitment that not many have been able to emulate. As for her spoiled rotten grandson, perhaps one day he'll realize nobody is perfect, least of all him. Personally, I've stopped listening when he opens his whining trap.

Kate too is back on the job... Here she is at the reopening of the Victoria and Albert Museum.

Two women the UK can count on and be proud of, along with Sophie and Anne.

duchess-of-cambridge-1621434151.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I love her! She's such a cutie, adorable elderly lady!

I would love her to be my grandma

Esteemed Contributor

I am totally in awe that she always looks so well turned out, always!  In her 90s!  For what must be a sort of boring day!  Then she smiles and makes small talk!

Now that is discipline, total dedication to duty, with a smile.

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

My stretch of imagination is;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;I'm reading her red as an unspoken message that she is okay.

Often we hear of weeks or months of a family wearing black - and crawling in a hole.

Red is beautiful on her and don't ever recall her wearing that much of the color.

@fthunt  I think your interpretation of an "unspoken message" is right on.  My first thought at seeing the photo was, "in a blaze of glory."  I cannot help but think Prince Philip would be proud. 

@IamMrsG & @fthunt 

Do you notice the large pin of multiple cabs (rubies), diamonds and pearls the Queen was wearing on her red coat? Prince Phillip designed and had that pin made for her decades ago. It has always been one of her favorite pieces of jewelry (from him). Perhaps she's wearing it to show the world she is surviving and carrying on her duties.

She is one of the most beautiful women with that lovely smile, bright eyes, full head of white hair, lovely soft complexion, clear and well spoken voice, and a survivor of many difficult times throughout her rein as Queen.

She was so young in the early years of her rein and when raising her own children, life must have been so busy and overwhelming. Her doting love for her grandchildren has always been evident. I do hope Harry realizes how important his extended family is and mends the rift he has created (especially for his grandmother and William) before its too late.     

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady  Yes, that beautiful piece on her shoulder is hard to miss!  A while back I read that the brooches she chooses generally bear significance to the event or day.

RE: Your last sentence, " I do hope Harry realizes how important his extended family is and mends the rift he has created (especially for his grandmother and William) before its too late."   

I hope I'm wrong, but am afraid this young man has a lifetime of regret ahead of him.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb Good to see them getting out again.  I think their absence left a void that Harry was able to fill.  Now there will be other news about the family other than what he's putting out there.  

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@stevieb Good to see them getting out again.  I think their absence left a void that Harry was able to fill.  Now there will be other news about the family other than what he's putting out there.  

And amen to that @Tadaki !!!!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...