Trusted Contributor

Re: The Queen Gives Prince William A New Title

I will like as wellto add to this story, that all wedding souvenirs from Harry and his American wife have been removed  from the Royal Collection.

He chose to step down, so there!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

I still have my commemorative tea towel in the cupboard. 

Honored Contributor

If William is making opening and closing statements to, and presiding over other matters fro the Gener as l Assembly I think it's a sensible title. Our legislative leaders have titles such as Speaker of the House, Minority Leader, etc.
Respected Contributor

Just curious ... is every single royal thread from here on out going to contain some sort of negativity (either implied or directly stated) toward Harry and Meghan? I, for one, wish we could just move on and discuss other things in a positive way.  And, yes, I probably will avoid the threads if that’s the case.

Respected Contributor

Yes, @Tinkrbl44, it's just another title. There IS a lot of pretense there. As if the ridiculous dubbing of "sirs" and "dames" weren't bad enough, there are lists upon lists of ridiculous peerage titles.

The well-known, respected, saner people who've refused any number of titles are legion. That wouldn't be Prince Charles, though, who probably welcomes any additional titles to assuage his disappointment that the REAL one keeps eluding him lol. After all, the guy's been Prince of Wales longer than any other Brit.

Keep those titles coming, Mummy!

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

I read that it's just for a year and other members of the royal family have also served in that role, including Anne, Andrew, and Edward.

Esteemed Contributor

👍👍👍👍👍

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Just curious ... is every single royal thread from here on out going to contain some sort of negativity (either implied or directly stated) toward Harry and Meghan? I, for one, wish we could just move on and discuss other things in a positive way.  And, yes, I probably will avoid the threads if that’s the case.

It goes both ways. . .seems like every royal family thread turns to a discussion about H & M (good or bad) even when they aren't mentioned in the OP or thread title.  😂

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

It goes both ways. . .seems like every royal family thread turns to a discussion about H & M (good or bad) even when they aren't mentioned in the OP or thread title.  😂

Well, honestly, I don't care if it's good or bad (but I've mostly noticed thinly veiled references to people "doing their duty without complaining" and things like that). I just wish they didn't have to be present in every royal thread! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

He resembles his Grandmother in his dedication to his country.  

Kate has those same qualities, and they complement each other in matters relating to Royal Family and tradition.

Really, a 'perfect match', imo.  They appear to be traveling on the same road, side by side.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).