Esteemed Contributor

Re: The QVC gift I’d be least happy to receive

This thread was kind of funny!   I've never used Poo Pouri, my hubby doesn't like the idea of using any oils that will end up in the plumbing!   I wonder too about using as an air freshener?  Is it safe to breathe in?   Guess I will go and read what's in it, never really have given it much thought.......

Anyway to answer the original question, for me it would have to be food items as gifts.

I'm just a picky food person.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bonnie f wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

The QVC gift I’d be least happy to receive would be Poo-Pourri. It's just not a gift I'd ever like. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate any nice gesture towards me. Even if I received a gift of this I'd still be thrilled that the giver considered me. 

lol the stuff does actually work. im going to order the 5 or 6 set. i was telling some guys i work with about it and how it works.. they didnt believe me. so i told them i'm ordering it and im going to give them each one... not just as a joke, but to show them how much it really works. i was going to buy a set for myself also. to keep in my purse, my locker at work.. etc..always good to keep around.....

@bonnie f.  You must have some interesting conversations sitting around the coffee room at work.  Gotta wonder how this ever came up?

While at work one day a coworker complained about a lady in the restroom that should have done a courtesy flush to limit the odor while she was in the stall for an extended period of time. I never heard that before, so it does come up in conversation! Poo-Pourri would have resolved this situation! But only as a gift to close family members with a sense of humor!

Honored Contributor

I see nothing wrong with giving this as a gift.  It's a great product.  Not too long ago, my niece was visiting and she had to use the bathroom.  She was extremely grateful when she saw the Poo Pourri.  She said she felt much less embarrased having used that.  I don't find it insulting at all as a gift.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can think of a lot of worse QVC gifts than poo-pourri...😄

Stick up lighting

Waterpick 

Electric Tooth Brush

Turby Towels

flashlights

humidifier

boots

wrinkle creams and makeup

Smile Brite

Masks

any prepared food item

charging stations

sanitizer bag

duraflame heater

shredder

Electric outlets

Logo clothing

clothing with high/low hems

flashpad

wooden balance toy

epilator

Anything Dyson

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt    Epilators and wrinkle cream.  LOL

Nothing says "You're old and hairy" like receiving an epilator and wrinkle cream.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt    Epilators and wrinkle cream.  LOL

Nothing says "You're old and hairy" like receiving an epilator and wrinkle cream.

@Cakers3 

Yep, I've heard the Epilator lady say what a nice practical gift it would make...Can you imagine...."remove those chin hairs you ole hairy thing".....LOL!!! 

And I know these creams/potions are expensive but to give it as a gift really adds insult to injury....😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Probably their clothing. 

Respected Contributor

Although it hasn't been presented in years I have to add that pooping moose to the list of gifts that I wouldn't want to receive. 

I mean no offense to those who purchased it and thought it was funny but that type of item isn't for me.  

Honored Contributor

I would never give it to anyone. It just implies that they think your bathroom smells and you don’t clean it. I would give it back and tell them they need it worse than I do.
Respected Contributor

I sent some PooPouri to my cousin when I visited, as his wife would howl in disgust when he came out if the bathroom every AM in their beach mobile home, close quarters. She can't take many odors in general.  He got a kick out of it and said... You mean my s**t stinks?  We had fun with it.

I took it when I had a room mate traveling on a River boat in Europe, again small bathroom and she like the Citrus. 

Off hand... a Holiday apron, love to cook but rarely wear an apron have one and don't need another one, especially a Christmas apron that is seasonal. I don't have Hoiday gatherings or entertain either.