Valued Contributor

Re: The QVC gift I’d be least happy to receive

@Mindy D wrote:

The QVC gift I’d be least happy to receive would be Poo-Pourri. It's just not a gift I'd ever like. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate any nice gesture towards me. Even if I received a gift of this I'd still be thrilled that the giver considered me. 

I agree it's the thought that counts. But I'd have to wonder.... "this is what came to mind when you thought of me"?!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I mean it would be nicer to give them deodorant and a bar of soap.

Esteemed Contributor

@greencardigan wrote:

I love it but not for the toilet... I use it in my kitchen sink.  Just a few sprays 1-2x per week helps with drain and disposal stink.  I only use the original citrus scent.  

I put it away before guests come as it would be weird to have a poo product in my kitchen. 🤷‍♀️

@greencardigan,  a spritz or two on the garbage can liner helps tamp down any odors.  I also use it when I rinse out an empty milk jug or carton.  Spray it in the air to help eliminate smelly cooking odors.  I'm also partial to the original citrus scent.

You might want to check out the 16 oz refills at Amazon.  Much more economical than repeatedly buying the small bottles.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I dislike the gigantic sweatshirts  that flatter no one and keep popping up in different iterations. The pandemic is no excuse for sloppiness.

@chessylady No problem at all if you wear them at home!  It would be heaven sent in a power outage, or as we had someone home from surgery who froze all the time.  These were a blessing to us then! 

They are also very acceptable out in some circumstances too.  Run to the post office at the last minute, or at McDonalds if your power is out and theirs isn't.  

Honored Contributor

Remember the unbelieveable QVC mugs they once sent out?  I put mine in recycling!

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I mean it would be nicer to give them deodorant and a bar of soap.

@Ladybug724 

I don't think that would be nicer. That would be rude saying you stink.

Everyone knows poo stinks. Poopourri works. We use it. I got tired of smelling DH's poo. LOL!!!

You can get the best deal next week on Black Friday.

They only have 2 of the scents in the large refill bottle.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bonnie f wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

The QVC gift I’d be least happy to receive would be Poo-Pourri. It's just not a gift I'd ever like. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate any nice gesture towards me. Even if I received a gift of this I'd still be thrilled that the giver considered me. 

lol the stuff does actually work. im going to order the 5 or 6 set. i was telling some guys i work with about it and how it works.. they didnt believe me. so i told them i'm ordering it and im going to give them each one... not just as a joke, but to show them how much it really works. i was going to buy a set for myself also. to keep in my purse, my locker at work.. etc..always good to keep around.....

@bonnie f.  You must have some interesting conversations sitting around the coffee room at work.  Gotta wonder how this ever came up?

i should be a spokes person for this stuff  lol i got it for my dad yrs ago as a joke for xmas... he used it and said how good it was... i work with at least 6 guys, and you know how some guys are... i told them all to try this  ha ha

Honored Contributor

What is the difference for those that have used poopouri and just using a cologne or something sprayed into the toilette?Woman LOL

I almost got it once at Walmart but then wondered what the difference would be. I could see a difference in price-poopouri is more expensive then other sprays I could get.

Is there something different in it that dispels odors better?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

In the minority again but I purchased once in assorted scents. After trying each one in the garbage they went. they smelled to strong and using in a small powder room was overwhelming.  Nice way to announce to everyone what you did in the restroom. There are some lighter air fresheners on the market that work just as well and smell much better. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I dislike the gigantic sweatshirts  that flatter no one and keep popping up in different iterations. The pandemic is no excuse for sloppiness.

@chessylady No problem at all if you wear them at home!  It would be heaven sent in a power outage, or as we had someone home from surgery who froze all the time.  These were a blessing to us then! 

They are also very acceptable out in some circumstances too.  Run to the post office at the last minute, or at McDonalds if your power is out and theirs isn't.  

I agree!  There's nothing wrong with wanting to be comfortable.  Or feeling warm and cozy.  And some women actually look adorable in large sweatshirts (paired with leggings or whatever).

I wouldn't say they "flatter no one".  And even if that were true, sometimes looking good should take a back seat to feeling good.  Especially this year.