Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Q now has Personal Face Masks!!!

That’s not a bad price. I ordered on 4/25 and they’re coming tomorrow. One of my initial orders elsewhere were $89 but I was desperate at the time.
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Do you mind sharing which seller you purchased them from? Or someway for me to know which ones to get b/c I know we cannot share links. 

It's just that there are HUNDREDS on there and I've been thru a lot of them, but it's hard to tell which ones are legit ya know? I cannot afford for my $ to be taken or tied up. 

Thanks in advance!

@BrandiDavis 

that is the problem......everyone says you can find them cheaper on amazon, and sometimes you can, but they never mention the seller. PLUS some of the cheaper sellers are not delivering until june/july. i just got some from the seller PACLI on amazon. $39.99 plus tax. they were delivered yesterday. they are NOT sealed in a box or anything, but just in a generic , thin, plastic bag and they are from china. i have also ordered the ones from qvc, which are supposed to be in a box and sealed. they have shipped and will arrive soon.

i have checked out some of the masks on amazon and make sure to read the feedback. some of them have horrible feedback.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis

Try: 

Modenna sanitary masks 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am looking forward to the reviews of the QVC masks when people start receiving them.  I made cloth ones to use if we go out (so far only to grocery store).  Looking at the pictures on the QVC item page, the mask seems to have a really big gap on the sides.  As in it does not fully touch the face.  Is that how all paper masks fit?  Since I have rarely been out and only early in the day when I do go out, I have not seen that many people with masks for a point of comparison.  Anyone using similar masks and is there a gap as it appears in the picture?

Respected Contributor

I guess I should have thought of this way earlier, because everyone I know seems to already have masks, some cloth some disposable.  I did order some reusable ones that are delayed but expected to be here 5/15-20.  I don't think they are coming from far away, so perhaps they will show up a a day or two earlier.  But I'm not really going out, so it's not urgent.  It would just be good to have. 

I also just ordered some disposables from Amazon yesterday too.  Paid $30 for 50 with free shipping.  There were some for less (and some for more) but I went with a seller who had a lot of good reviews (some really don't so I didn't want to save a few bucks going with them).  They are due to arrive 5/22-6/15.  A lot of what I have seen was 3-6 weeks delivery time (and it seems this is true on Etsy and elsewhere, not just Amazon), although I'm seeing more now that show June-July, so I guess they are waiting for their stock to arrive from China.  We'll see when mine show up.  Hopefully they do.

By the way, how do you pull up by seller?  I couldn't find the PACLI ones.  Did see Modenna.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf , @BrandiDavis Regarding mask manufacturers, have you tried this:

Go to Amazon type in face masks.  There should be a whole bunch, but at the top there should be some that say "Amazon Bestseller."  Click on one of those, and on the right hand side underneath where you click on the buy option, it should say sold by ______ and fullfilled by ________.  

Go for the masks that are fulfilled by Amazon.  At least that seller has some sort of relationship with Amazon and Amazon is aware of them.

ETA:  I just did this and the first best seller is sold by and shipped by Amazon.  50 masks for 40 bucks.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf 

the PACLI ones are unavailable at the moment.

i went to my order history and clicked on the link.

this may be why they are not coming up.

face mask amazon.png

i purchased them because someone else on these boards recommended them due to the pricing. there seem to be half good reviews and half poor reviews.

honestly, i expect the qvc ones to be of much better quality than these. very glad i ordered the ones from qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thanks @stuyvesant  and @sunshine45 !

As an addendum, a friend knows someone making masks and she is sending me 2.  Those should be here next week, so I'll have something until the others arrive.  :-)

Trusted Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

Thanks @stuyvesant  and @sunshine45 !

As an addendum, a friend knows someone making masks and she is sending me 2.  Those should be here next week, so I'll have something until the others arrive.  :-)

There's always the bandanna with the two rubber bands.  It's supposed to be pretty good.

(This is all so sad, lol)

Esteemed Contributor

To those of you still seeking masks, please remember a scarf or bandana will do in a pinch (serve the purpose and are a bit easier to breathe through). I've now tried about 5 types of masks but I don't lie myself that any protect me from virus but they all offer at least some protection to others.  I feel we are going to be wearing masks for a very long time (when they resume fashion shows, can you see masks as accessories?).