Respected Contributor

Re: The Q now has Personal Face Masks!!!

Someone has posted on Facebook from a healthcare expert that cloth masks aren't protective enough. Ugh! What next! Not all of us can get the disposable ones. Stay tuned because the recommendations change daily.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

Someone has posted on Facebook from a healthcare expert that cloth masks aren't protective enough. Ugh! What next! Not all of us can get the disposable ones. Stay tuned because the recommendations change daily.

But they are better than nothing.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

And I wonder if they're made in China or the USA? I tried buying masks from Walmart.com (they were coming from China), but they never made it here. They were lost or stolen along the way. The delays are long in receiving them. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In an article about masks they showed disease dispersal of one person wearing mask versus if both people( who encounter one another) are wearing masks.  Remember the cloth masks protect others from you, not you from them!  It only makes sense that the more people who are wearing masks, the less terms floating around.  Every preventive measures helps.

Trusted Contributor

@kittykatkay  I ordered a box as soon as I saw your post.  I don't mind paying that price at all because I trust QVC will deliver it without any problems.  I have an estimated delivery date of May 13th.

I have had bad luck with Walmart.com and Amazon.com.  Ordered from them over month ago and they were still in process.  So I was able to cancel those and get a refund.

Thanks your for letting us know.  I would not even had known.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittykatkay   my qvc mask order shipped.  Thank you again.  I will post when I get them.  Also tried Amazon, $45 with a July delivery date.  I know I overpaid, but like many have said, we want and need them.  If we can pay $14 for TP, then I can pay 1.18 per mask.  At least I will have them.  I have homemade bandana masks till I get them.  I hope my local order for sewn cloth masks comes tomorrow.  The person making them is on a fixed income, I will give her extra $$$ for making them for me.   There isn’t a place that isn’t gouging, it’s pathetic.  The Q could have earned a little more respect if they were free shipping, but I had a choice, and I chose to still get them.

Respected Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@kittykatkay  I ordered a box as soon as I saw your post.  I don't mind paying that price at all because I trust QVC will deliver it without any problems.  I have an estimated delivery date of May 13th.

I have had bad luck with Walmart.com and Amazon.com.  Ordered from them over month ago and they were still in process.  So I was able to cancel those and get a refund.

Thanks your for letting us know.  I would not even had known.

@CoffeeNut...you are so welcomed, sweetie.  I am so happy that you decided to get them before they sold out.  

Honored Contributor

my qvc box shipped today.

thanks again for the alert @kittykatkay . Smiley Happy

lets see if the QVC order beats the AMAZON order. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@kittykatkay   my qvc mask order shipped.  Thank you again.  I will post when I get them.  Also tried Amazon, $45 with a July delivery date.  I know I overpaid, but like many have said, we want and need them.  If we can pay $14 for TP, then I can pay 1.18 per mask.  At least I will have them.  I have homemade bandana masks till I get them.  I hope my local order for sewn cloth masks comes tomorrow.  The person making them is on a fixed income, I will give her extra $$$ for making them for me.   There isn’t a place that isn’t gouging, it’s pathetic.  The Q could have earned a little more respect if they were free shipping, but I had a choice, and I chose to still get them.

@lynnie61..you are so very welcome, sweet pea!  I am so glad you got them.  I just checked my order and they said it's shipped and should get them 1st of May....we shall see, ...but, I really don't think we will get them that soon, lol.  BUT, at least they are a coming home to us.  YAY!!!  And, I agree with you.....I don't care about spending a little extra, as long as I know I am getting them.  And, yes, we had a choice to get them or not, and I chose also to get them for me and my family members.  Safety has no price tag in my thought process.  

That is so nice of you to give that lady extra money for making those cloth masks for you.  I have cloth masks also but I am so glad to have these disposable ones too.  If the Q brings more in at a later date, I will probably order a couple of more boxes and put them up for Fall/Winter and also give to family members to have as well.  Take care, sweetie.  Be safe!!!

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

my qvc box shipped today.

thanks again for the alert @kittykatkay . Smiley Happy

lets see if the QVC order beats the AMAZON order. Smiley Wink

@sunshine45...hey my little sweet sunshine.  Yes, let's see if the Q beats Amazon....I bet it does.  I just checked my order and said it's shipped and the received date has changed to 1 May....I don't think it's gonna be that soon but if the Q surprises me, I won't fuss about it, LOL, HA HA.

Stay safe sweetie.