Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Q now has Personal Face Masks!!!

I ordered them from QVC because even though I think they are way overpriced, and I do complain a lot about how long it takes my purchases from QVC to get to me, I trust them to fulfill the order or give me a refund if there's a problem.

I checked on Amazon first, but none of the vendors gave me a good feeling about ordering from them, so I just figure this is a part of my stimulus money I am spending.  I'm not going to spend a lot of energy trying to find the best deal at this time and 50 will last me a long time at the rate I anticipate going out over the next several months.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caligurll wrote:

I ordered them from QVC because even though I think they are way overpriced, and I do complain a lot about how long it takes my purchases from QVC to get to me, I trust them to fulfill the order or give me a refund if there's a problem.

I checked on Amazon first, but none of the vendors gave me a good feeling about ordering from them, so I just figure this is a part of my stimulus money I am spending.  I'm not going to spend a lot of energy trying to find the best deal at this time and 50 will last me a long time at the rate I anticipate going out over the next several months.

@Caligurll.....I completely agree with what you said.  I know they are a little pricey, but I don't feel like "hunting" around for a better deal and trust QVC to fulfill my order. 

I'm so glad you got them before they sold out (even though they are on waitlist for those who still want them).  I'm glad I ordered mine when I saw them yesterday.  Stay safe, my friend.  Hopefully, we will all be able to venture outside in the not too distant future (other than the necessities).

Trusted Contributor

Please correct me if I am wrong:

*BACK ORDERED means more are coming.

*WAITLISTED means they sold out and you'll get them if someone RETURNS the item or CANCELS their order (which we all know is 99% impossible to do).

Am I the only wrong who believes that this item should NOT BE RETURNABLE? Why would you go on waitlist for someones RETURN?! I don't get it. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

*WAITLISTED means they sold out and you'll get them if someone RETURNS the item or CANCELS their order (which we all know is 99% impossible to do).

Am I the only wrong who believes that this item should NOT BE RETURNABLE? Why would you go on waitlist for someones RETURN?! I don't get it. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.

@FiddleDeeDee....I certainly hope no one returns them.  I know I'm not.  But if anyone doesn't want them and returns them, then I am sure the Q will dispose of them.  I think waitlist would mean they might try and get more in.  You could always email customer service and ask them to be sure.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee,  at least in the past when I've ordered a waitlisted item it meant that more inventory is expected but they do not know exactly when it will be received.  At the end of 45 days, if the inventory is still expected but has not yet arrived I've been given the option to cancel or continue waiting.

ETA:  I just placed a waitlist order and this notification/confirmation box popped up before my order was placed: 

The item you are ordering is available on waitlist only. If the item comes back in stock within the next 45 days, would you like it automatically shipped?

If you select "yes," billing to your credit card will take place at the time of shipment.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

They look exactly like the ones we have.  I still don't know how we got them, but we did.  There are 50 of them.  Well 49 now.  I used one when I went to the bank.  We got them a couple of years ago.  Neither my husband or I can't remember why we got the imasks in the first place.  this ws about 5 years ago.  We kept them in the basement and totally forgot about them!  Never took them out of the package. We also have disposable gloves.  Although I haven't used them. Again, a big blank on how or why we got those!

Valued Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

Why doesn't everyone try Amazon?? I have bought masks from them and placed another order for the disposables last week. Due to come next week. $18.00 for 50 masks. They are the type used in the hospitals and are good. Plus free shipping with Prime. I would never pay that amount to QVC.

I've purchased cloth masks through my Nextdoor App from a Japanese lady who sells fantastic cloth masks made in Japan. They are 4 layers thick, one layer contains copper and the other silver nitrate. Both of those metals are microbial. Can be washed (by hand 30 times). Very comfortable to wear and come in sizes. $5.00 each. Bough 6.

Check your Nextdoor App for people in your area who are selling masks.

@Ceci  Hi there, do you mind telling me which seller you purchased them from on A? There are SO many options and since you've already had a good experience I'd rather order where you did, I cannot afford to get burned. Ty in advance!

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

I ordered from Amazon already and they were delivered yesterday 

Respected Contributor

$55 for 50 masks!!!  THEY ARE PRICE GAUGING!!! 

I paid $27 w/ free shipping for the EXACT same masks (50 pack!)

Respected Contributor

They should be ashamed of themselves!

I have this EXACT box (50) and purchased on Amazon for $27!