Respected Contributor

Re: The Q now has Personal Face Masks!!!

[ Edited ]

@liliblu wrote:

I'm surprised about all the complaints about the price.  Yes these masks cost a lot less before the pandemic.  But circumstances have changed.  There is high Worldwide demand and a limited supply.  Most are produced in China.  You are going to pay more.  I used to be able to buy these from CVS for less than $5.  Those days are over.  QVC is a reliable source.  I don't have to sit with my fingers crossed hoping that the masks show up.  I don't have to worry about quality control.  I know people who payed less but received opened, dingy masks.  I just hate that they are now on wait list.  I have family members who need masks I'd like to send these to.

@liliblu...I agree with what you said.  They are on "Waitlist" now?  Well, I knew when I posted this yesterday they wouldn't last long and then this morning when Dan Hughes showed them on air (he just mentioned them and showed a picture and no presentation), that they would probably sell out.  At least they have waitlist and if you need some, put your order in.  He said limit 2 boxes.

Valued Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

@liliblu wrote:

I'm surprised about all the complaints about the price.  Yes these masks cost a lot less before the pandemic.  But circumstances have changed.  There is high Worldwide demand and a limited supply.  Most are produced in China.  You are going to pay more.  I used to be able to buy these from CVS for less than $5.  Those days are over.  QVC is a reliable source.  I don't have to sit with my fingers crossed hoping that the masks show up.  I don't have to worry about quality control.  I know people who payed less but received opened, dingy masks.  I just hate that they are now on wait list.  I have family members who need masks I'd like to send these to.

@liliblu...I agree with what you said.  They are on "Waitlist" now?  Well, I knew when I posted this yesterday they wouldn't last long and then this morning when Dan Hughes showed them on air (he just mentioned them and showed a picture and no presentation), that they would probably sell out.  At least they have waitlist and if you need some, put your order in.  He said limit 2 boxes.

@kittykatkay wrote:

@liliblu wrote:

I placed an order for my uncle.  He's almost 80 and has COPD.  He lives alone and needs masks.  He's in GA.  

Respected Contributor

@liliblu....great to hear!  I went back and looked and see that they are still available to order and not on waitlist.  That's good.  I know your uncle will be so happy to get them.  You are a good niece.  Stay safe.

Valued Contributor

imported.  Doesn't say from where. 

Going way out on a limb and making a wild guess ... China.

No, thanks!

Valued Contributor

Thank you!  Please stay safe as well.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just saw in stock on Amazon for  24.57

Look same as q

50 Pcs Disposable Medical Face 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊 - Anti-Dust Filter, Breathable,Protection and Personal Health Professional, 3 Layers of Purifying, Cotton

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I see they are now on waitlist but if anyone needs some, put your order in because I am sure the Q will do whatever to get them to you.  Glad I got mine in yesterday.  Stay safe everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  I think everyone realizes masks were pretty prevalent in China, but certainly not as prevalent as I've seen since this virus. It just makes sense to wear a mask since we don't have enough testing. Also because some people walking around with the virus have no symptoms.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

50 bucks PLUS shipping & handling? Shame on you QVC!
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@sunshine45  I think everyone realizes masks were pretty prevalent in China, but certainly not as prevalent as I've seen since this virus. It just makes sense to wear a mask since we don't have enough testing. Also because some people walking around with the virus have no symptoms.  

@MoJoV 

then it should be of no surprise that MORE people are walking around with masks on.

interesting article from 2014

A quick history of why Asians wear surgical masks in public

https://qz.com/299003/a-quick-history-of-why-asians-wear-surgical-masks-in-public/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein