Honored Contributor

Re: The Q now has Personal Face Masks!!!

Thanks for the heads up.  I ordered some.  I have some pretty one's my friend made.  I've gotten compliments on them.  (Can you believe it...seems weird to me).

Anyway, they're made exactly according to whatever posted instructions were made.

However, I have asthma and it's hard for me to breathe with it on.

I had 2 of the real medical ones my Dr gave me some time ago to wear but I sent one to my daughter (she has Crohns) and I've misplaced mine.

Hopefully these will make it easier for me to breathe through the things.  Out where I live I don't see many people wearing them.

There's been very little change in the number of cars out on the road where I live.

I'd told my daughter that and she thought I was exaggerating.  Then last weekend she came to bring some things to my house.  She lives in Fairfax.

As soon as she walked in the door she said, "Gosh mom!  You weren't kidding!  Where are all of these people going because restaurants and most businesses are closed" (like everywhere).

I said, "I've wondered too!"  Anyway,, not a lot of difference in this area except things are closed but otherwise it seems like any other day.  

Respected Contributor

They're required in PA.

Honored Contributor

You could find these at a cheaper cost elsewhere (Amazon), it will be $55.00 plus. Delivery isn't till May 11. I suppose if you can't find this anywhere you won't mind overpaying for this.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

Item:  V-37380,  NEW.  Set of 50 disposable masks for personal use.  I already have a cloth mask my great niece made me but I did order 2 boxes of these to use in between cleaning my cloth masks and will also give some to my family members.  They are on extended delivery and should receive by May 18th.  Thank you, QVC.

Is 49.98 a good price?  Never had to buy masks before

@sunshine 919....neither have I, sweetie.  I see different prices posters have stated, but I just decided to buy 2 boxes of these when I saw them.  I'm not in the mood to go around hunting, lol.  Stay safe, my friend.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Just checked Amazon and among the first listed are several 50 ct for $40 delivered this week (if someone is in immediate need).

@patbz....wow, thanks for posting this.  My order at the Q was placed late last night when I saw these, so these will do me for now.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@shaggygirl while that's all probably true, in NJ we cannot grocery shop or go to the pharmacy without a face covering.

We each have a mask that made for for us, these can be a backup.

@CelticCrafter 

Our governor gave the order that we have to wear them out in public if we cannot maintain the 6 foot distance. Under 2 years or if for some medical reason you can't you get a pass. The last 3 stores I went in last week, one a small neighborhood type grocery store, one a large chain grocery and the other a gas station mini-mart did not require them. As for other stores in my town I don't know for sure but I think it's up to them. Personally I'll continue to wear one if only to make those around me feel comfortable in my presence.

@shaggygirl...and we know some people around us don't stay 6 feet apart from us, so this is to protect us as well.  I was in the grocery store this week and the majority stayed away (I was using my cloth mask as well as others) but there are those "jumping jack flash" people who get mighty close to you in the aisles and we not only have to watch out for them, but ourselves just as much.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

$49.98 + $5.50 s/h and throw in any applicable sales tax, and you're looking at about $60 out the door for a box of 50 masks, which breaks down to just over $1 per mask.

Not complaining, just sayin'.

@Anonymous032819 I ordered a similar box of 50 paper masks from Amazon last week (currently unavailable) for $16.99 Prime. 

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66...hello my dear friend.  So good to see you again after all these years.  (I don't post like I used to).  I am so glad you ordered some.  YES, I have bouts with asthma too and even though I, like you, have a cloth masks, I think these will be easier to breathe with.

Stay safe, my dear Annabellethecat.  ((HUGS))

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

I just put 50 disposable masks in my cart on Amazon: Sold and shipped by Amazon, delivery Sunday, May 3, $39.99. Tax would apply if I bought them, but without it the price is $0.80 each.

The Q is providing a convenience, which is very nice. I still would go with Amazon because of the price and presumably getting them a week sooner.

How about posting a link to the item?  I've been looiking at masks on Amazon - don't see any sold/shipped BY Amazon.

Q doesn't like when we use their site to advertise for other retailers, so no links allowed Smiley Wink The brand name is Pacli. I would be leery because there are no reviews of this item, but I trust Amazon. Free Prime shipping and says they'd arrive on 4/27.

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

I just put 50 disposable masks in my cart on Amazon: Sold and shipped by Amazon, delivery Sunday, May 3, $39.99. Tax would apply if I bought them, but without it the price is $0.80 each.

The Q is providing a convenience, which is very nice. I still would go with Amazon because of the price and presumably getting them a week sooner.

How about posting a link to the item?  I've been looiking at masks on Amazon - don't see any sold/shipped BY Amazon.

Q doesn't like when we use their site to advertise for other retailers, so no links allowed Smiley Wink The brand name is Pacli. I would be leery because there are no reviews of this item, but I trust Amazon. Free Prime shipping and says they'd arrive on 4/27.

Thanks!  I'll check'em out.