Honored Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the problem is UPS.  They underestimated the need for shipping services and are simply overwhelmed.  They've blamed everything from the weather to mechanical failures for delays.  Seems to me like they give priority to Amazon packages.

Someone on our neighborhood website reported seeing a pick-up following a UPS truck.  The bed had a bunch of packages in it accompanied by a couple of men.  When she walked out toward the street, they took off.  She was unable to get a license number but called the police.  Made me wonder if UPS drivers don't notice these things?

Amazon does not use UPS as much as they once did - they have there own planes and delivery trucks now.

@debfau.  Not in my area; it's 90% UPS and about 10% USPS.   There are no Amazon trucks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Took a week for a couple of my amazon prime items to het here.  Ups is always late.  Sometimes my packages sit in a post office 50 miles away for 4 days before they ship out.  My fed ex packages all have been coming late.  Nordstrom had to refund me my 20 bucks to have something I needed shipped overnight.  Took 7 days

Honored Contributor
I haven't had any issues. Anything gift related has already arrived. I have nothing in the pipeline at the moment. Shipping is going to get a lot worse as Christmas gets closer. Hopefully the weather cooperates or that will just compound the issues.
Honored Contributor

Many many months ago I predicted Amazon would have their downfall.  They took on too much too fast.

Contributor

My husband drives tractor trailer for UPS, he works over sixty hours a week and just got notified today that he has work every sunday now until peak is over. Sunday is really his only full day off cause he starts on Monday night and does not end until Saturday around noon. They cannot make him drive on Sunday cause he would have all his driving hours in, so they said he would have to shift in the yard. This is going to be awful for him, he needs Sunday off to rest, he already is working too much. He was told they have fifty trailers that are late being moved and they cant get caught up cause more keep coming in, they said this the worst it has ever been. They have outside help driving for peak and alot of those drivers dont even speak english. I am worried about him being safe during his run without enough sleep. They are making all the drivers come in, they are going to max out thier drive time hours for each driver. This is just terriable and it gets worst every year! 

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, my order of David's frozen cookie dough has been delayed now for 3 days. It left the company on 12/2. It will be a thawed mess I am afraid. I have also had a table that has been delayed. The UPS depot is 20 mins from me!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have problems with my Prime orders that are fulfilled by Amazon being delivered on time. It's some of the third party sellers, that although they might advertise 2 day delivery, sometimes packages arrive well beyond that. I don't order from them when I need timely delivery. Snafus happen occasionally (I had one recently ) even with "guaranteed" delivery. As much as I shop online, I am just grateful that MOST of my orders arrive on time, or close to it. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor
I am doing most of my holiday shopping online. Biggest issue I am having is with UPS. No doorbell, no knock on door, and no text saying “delivered” until the next day.
Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee :  Our carriers do the same: they cram the pkg in the mailbox!  I finally got so frustrated I took several photos of my outrageously over stuffed mailbox and took it to the Post Master and complained.

Honored Contributor

I am glad I did not order anything from Amazon.  My packages from Black Friday (free shpg.) were all sent by UPS.

kindness is strength