Respected Contributor

Re: The Q becomes almost unwatchable this time of year

Have been a shopper with the Q for many many years. NEVER have I found their "sales" really sales by the time you pay shipping. Still bought a lot but no great deals at all.  

Trusted Contributor

I've always been a casual shopper, so the programming has never been a huge issue for me.

Fortunately, we easily have the choice, to simply not watch,  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree...haven't been watching lately at all but did order one thing online......BUT it doesn't stop in Jan..don't forget then we go for a month of "New Year New You" diet and exercise programs...will see lots of Marie Osmand, Nutrisystem, Green drinks,  Susan Lucci , etc......i usually don't start really watching again until the end of February...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I haven't watched QVC in years for all of the reasons already mentioned.   I stopped watching the holdiay gift shows first and then quit altogether.  Just too awful.   Sizing almost always wrong no matter how much measuring I'd do.   Same ole sh!t, different day or hour.  Brands I don't like.  Well, you know.

Plus, I don't exchange gifts with anyone.   I buy for my 4 great nieces and nephews but not from QVC.   Why pay higher prices + shipping when I don't have to.  

Regular Contributor

I totally agree that all the gift programs are repetitive.  I guess I can say Thank You QVC you are saving me a ton of money by not having any beauty or fashion programs on. 

Honored Contributor

Show of hands

How many people who find QVC unwatchable continue to watch QVC?

That might be the problem. 

Super Contributor

I totally agree with the OP.  I not only can't watch it, I don't buy.  

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Show of hands

I am not raising my hand....only check items online until the “gift” shows and diet shows are shelved. If I say I’m not watching, I’m not.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Show of hands

@GenXmuse

I dont think so-----got a remote and know how to use it.  Also know how grab the car keys and head out the door to see a movie or shop locally, or take a walk, or have lunch with a friend etc etc etc...............And I think the majority do the same...Taking a peek at what they're showing, or the online program guide is enough THANK YOU!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Its the same items over and over. The ladder, scrub daddy/mommy, vacuums, sheets, cookies, hats with lights on them, slippers or pajamas. I flip on buy to see who is on and what they are wearing and then go back to whatever I am watching. Nothing new, and they run the TSV to death!

I would love to know what their ratings are right now. Hopefully in years to come they will change  the format to gifts you can really give.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18