Trusted Contributor

Re: The Price of Milk & Eggs

My husband buys some fancy brand of milk for brain health - omega 3's, etc. and it costs a mint.

Honored Contributor

Milk usually 4.50 or so
Eggs 6.00-7.00

I refuse to buy anything that’s not free range, no hormones, etc.
Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

My husband buys some fancy brand of milk for brain health - omega 3's, etc. and it costs a mint.

This made me laugh out loud, @agb80, Do you think it's working? :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

This made me laugh out loud, @agb80, Do you think it's working? :-)

@suzyQ3too early to say. 

Esteemed Contributor

One of the largest egg producer farms in the USA, in Dade City, FL, burned last week and killed 250,000 hens.

Eggs are not as plentiful right now!

Respected Contributor

Milk 3,75-4.25/ gallon.  Eggs vary, 1.00 sometimes on sale, organic some are 6.00/dozen.  18 pack reg were $2 this week. 

I have seen posters here previously with milk way under what we pay in PA.  Still a bargain I guess for nutrition.  @Carmie  never quite understand the state minimum in PA, as some stores say, state minimum, yet two stores listing state min. are different prices.  

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61   My guess is that because the amount of the surcharge changes, the price can fluctuate as well.  I think some retailers never take their signs down when they decide to charge more than the state's minimum.

I don't smoke, but I see the signs for cigarettes too charging different prices at different retailers.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

$3.98 for a gallon of non fat milk and $1.79 for a carton of 18 large eggs at Shop Rite here in SouthEast PA.

Respected Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

This will sound like a made up story but it is not. Several months ago when we were really in the middle of the epidemic and people were hoarding the toilet paper and other staples I went to the grocery store. There was one carton of a dozen eggs sitting there and they were organic. The price was $9.00! Now I just stood there shaking my head thinking this has to be a mistake. I didn't need eggs but wouldn't have paid that for them regardless. The one thing I have noticed is how much cheese and cereal has gone up along with a lot of other things including the price of paper products.

@Kitlynn I had a similar experience with clorox $9.00 for a medium bottle. Took it off my list.

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Milk usually 4.50 or so
Eggs 6.00-7.00

I refuse to buy anything that’s not free range, no hormones, etc.

@bikerbabe  I do the same.  Price of milk and eggs varies by what kind you purchase.