Honored Contributor

The President Arrived and Departed in Sunlight

[ Edited ]

I don't know if you believe in signs, but when President George H.W. Bush's body arrived on Monday, the day was sunny and mild, leading to a gorgeous sunset as he was carried into the Capitol.

Today, the day of his funeral, was heavily grey and overcast (and downright cold).  The sun has now emerged as he is on his way to Joint Base Andrews to be taken back to his beloved home of Texas.

Nice.  Unexpected but nice.

[I live in the D.C. area.]

Respected Contributor

Re: The President Arrived and Departed in Sunlight

@golding76  I do believe in signs and I noticed the same things you cite.  I live in DC proper, by the way.  Wonderful city.

Was nice to see everyone in attendance at all the different ceremonies and this morning's service behaving appropriately.

Honored Contributor

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Frequent Contributor

I was blessed and honored to watch this morning's services for Predident GeorgeH.W. Bush. They were truly spectacular....and evoked both laughs and tears as he and his life were so respectfully remembered. I wonder what our remaining living past Presidents were thinking as they experienced those moments? 

Respected Contributor

I pray his spirit and his legacy will live on.  I only wish there were more like him.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Laneysmom wrote:

I was blessed and honored to watch this morning's services for Predident GeorgeH.W. Bush. They were truly spectacular....and evoked both laughs and tears as he and his life were so respectfully remembered. I wonder what our remaining living past Presidents were thinking as they experienced those moments? 

@Laneysmom......I had those exact same thoughts......

Will I be remembered this way????  Will I be loved as much?????   And many more questions.