Valued Contributor

Re: The Poor Guy Selling the Pies from England!

I ordered  for Nov and Dec. They look scrumptous. I don't feel the price is bad. Hope there good.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

$7 is darn cheap for a pie.  I bought a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving at a local chain restaurant and it was $20.  Wasn't even that good.

@KathyM23   These pies were thick but small. I don't think you are thinking of the same size pie.  Watch the video.

Honored Contributor

I just looked them up.  They seem awfully small for $7 each.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Yes, but they looked very small (thick but small).  They did look good though Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

i dont think the price of the pies overall was THAT bad......they did look good!

i am thinking of trying some for november. a 9 inch pie here goes for $12 to $15 from a farmers market or a farm.

i have bought other mini pies from qvc that were DELICIOUS and easy to prepare.....they are more "two bite" mini pies. the name of those are the kleine dutch mini pies. these shown today definitely look larger.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I watched and ordered for December.  I will give some of them as gifts. 

I thought they were fun together.  The guy bakes them himself.   That is a lot of work.

To compare prices we were looking at some chocolate today.   I think it was Fannie May at Walmart.  Seven ounces was $10.00.

The pies are 7.7 ounces and will be shipped from England.  If they have been a TSV 7 times I'm guessing they will be tasty.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I didn't note any confusion. He jumped right in. He probably was forewarned and most likely has been watching the show in the green room at some point. 

I'm sure it's a lovely product and I am happy for his success, but one thing Americans do not need to import is Apple pie Smiley Happy

I do think QVC needs to make note of is that NEW products are doing well. More NEW please. Thx

I didn't see the presentation, but I'd agree it's a bit strange for an Englishman to be selling apple pie of all things, so emblematically American.

I had sworn off QVC's edible offerings after pretty much all bad experiences, but I have ordered the crepinis (new) and have my fingers crossed. They are similar to something I love that I've bought I think at either Target or Walmart, can't remember which, and haven't been able to find again :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

TSVs on QVC UK must have a different meaning than here. We've never had something be a TSV seven times.  Seven "today's" special values is a week of them!  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

TSVs on QVC UK must have a different meaning than here. We've never had something be a TSV seven times.  Seven "today's" special values is a week of them!  LOL

No, a TSV on QVC UK is the same thing as a TSV here.  During the time I lived there, popular brands would be featured regularly as the TSV.  Didn't mean you got the same exact item every time.

As for here, think of how many "My Pillow" TSVs there have been.  And Keurig, and Dyson, and Philosophy and..........  Woman Frustrated

I tried to order these pies but they sold out so fast.  I've gone on waitlist for the November shipment; with any luck I'll get them.  I remember how good the cakes and pastries in England were and I'm willing to pay the price for them!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I didn't note any confusion. He jumped right in. He probably was forewarned and most likely has been watching the show in the green room at some point. 

I'm sure it's a lovely product and I am happy for his success, but one thing Americans do not need to import is Apple pie Smiley Happy

I do think QVC needs to make note of is that NEW products are doing well. More NEW please. Thx

I didn't see the presentation, but I'd agree it's a bit strange for an Englishman to be selling apple pie of all things, so emblematically American.

I had sworn off QVC's edible offerings after pretty much all bad experiences, but I have ordered the crepinis (new) and have my fingers crossed. They are similar to something I love that I've bought I think at either Target or Walmart, can't remember which, and haven't been able to find again :-(

@Moonchilde  Maybe he sells a different type of pie in the UK.