Honored Contributor

Re: The Plot Thickens!-a Theory on this website mess!

[ Edited ]

What do these countries have to worry about? I say UKRAINE, has so much pain,and worry from,RUSSIA.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I'm wondering where all the Moderators for these forums are. They always seem to be quick to delete posts they feel should not be here and delete them.

I wonder if THEY are seeing and having the same problems we are having. If so, have the Mods reported to the IT team that there are massive problems here lately? 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I'm wondering where all the Moderators for these forums are. They always seem to be quick to delete posts they feel should not be here and delete them.

I wonder if THEY are seeing and having the same problems we are having. If so, have the Mods reported to the IT team that there are massive problems here lately? 

The mods are aware of it and wanted the typical troubleshooting information from those affected. (What device were they using? What browser? What OS? etc.) This is an agnostic problem affecting every browser, every device, and every OS, so none of that was any help. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The real question for the company is likely how much keeping the Forums open versus how much an upgrade would cost is most likely the real question.  I seriously doubt they are spending money to target specific Forum shoppers.  Someone would have to provide facts rather than guesses to convince me. 

My personal QVC experience doesn't  show me those facts. But if yours does, count yourself lucky that you don't encounter Internet issues elsewhere.  QVC is far from the only!

Honored Contributor

A message from someone at QVC would be nice.  

I know that's never going to happen.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

The mods are aware of it and wanted the typical troubleshooting information from those affected. (What device were they using? What browser? What OS? etc.) This is an agnostic problem affecting every browser, every device, and every OS, so none of that was any help. 

Amen. It's always the same mantra... Change browsers and clear your history and when that doesn't shut us up then it's what devices are you using, what browser are you using, etc, as if ANY of that should make a difference to a functional, well managed system... This is THEIR mess... And yes, it would be both nice and appropriate for them to address it in some fashion.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Amen. It's always the same mantra... Change browsers and clear your history and when that doesn't shut us up then it's what devices are you using, what browser are you using, etc, as if ANY of that should make a difference to a functional, well managed system... This is THEIR mess... And yes, it would be both nice and appropriate for them to address it.

Yeah, by and large, tech support operates off of scripts, and if your problem doesn't match the script, well, too bad.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I personally think that these forums are coming to an end.  This happened last year and it took weeks to fix it only because they decided to keep the forum going.  

Honored Contributor

I hope they are paying the mods/customer service boku bucks-I can only imagine the email, calls, etc. flooding them about this latest mess.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I hope they are paying the mods/customer service boku bucks-I can only imagine the email, calls, etc. flooding them about this latest mess.

The phone folks, yes, the mods, not so much. They probably have less to do with this mess ongoing, as there are fewer threads and posts to, uh, 'edit'. Moreover, unless they are, as you suggest, getting a slew of emails, they've been pretty much a non-presence on the boards as related to this latest problem.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...