Honored Contributor

The Plot Thickens!-a Theory on this website mess!

Last night my last device got the mess too!From a few days ago to one (after clearing cookies!) to this one today (after clearing cookies!).

I was thinking see, one by one-even those who hopefully (or smugly) said all my devices are working nah nah🙄

maybe they are trying to see who will still go on the QVC buying side and buy things without easy access to the forums! Or go to the buying side more because it is too hard to access the forums. I will not be without forum suggestions.

Or one by one (which they seem to be doing), they will have each persons access messed up until they say we just can't afford or its not profitable to continue the forums.

At any rate, I find it very suspect or rather unbelievable that even by QVC's slow and uninspired standards with their forum website that it takes a week (or maybe more or never?!) to fix.

Well, c'est la vie I guess. I would miss it and y'all, "you guys" my doggie and animal

friends, but we will just see.

And happy trails stay well if we can't post or get tired of the effort.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: The Plot Thickens!-a Theory on this website mess!

Same with me. I've mentioned already that on 7/20 I was composing a message here to ask if anyone else was having trouble getting item videos to play. Before I posted it I decided to clear cookies and see if that would help...and it did. But immediately the forums page went to wonkville. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@on the bay  -   There is a long thread on the ProBoards about everyone affected by this mess.  There are many that are no longer able to participate here.  

I also wonder if QVC will fix the issue or let the forums die a slow death?  

Respected Contributor

I tend to agree that you are correct.  The change back to the TSV to one day, the elimination of the Bonus Buy, and now the forum issue that is leading to a slow attrition rather than it being ripped away entirely as they attempted to do previously.  I could be wrong, but this all seems purposeful.

Honored Contributor

There was a weekend in the mix which could slow down the repairs and, in the summer, people tend to take vacations, so their IT staff could be very shorthanded. If the problem persists into this week and continues to grow, it'll look like they're slowly weaning us from the forums.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

In time QVC may be surprised to see just how many people they're weaning from shopping here as well. 

Too many issues. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

It took them forever to fix it the last time so to expect anything better this time around is probably unrealistic. There's a level of IT competence necessary to manage a website and to make quick fixes that they clearly don't possess.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't speculate about the demise of the board. 

Their IT is never quick to fix anything here.   

Honored Contributor

I still think it has to do with security fixes and perhaps versions of software users are using and such.  Having friends who are in corporate level security, people don't understand what is coming out of Russia and China.

Be glad you have electricity and water now. 

Honored Contributor

Russia & China got more to worry about then a QVC forum board.