Honored Contributor

Re: The Plot Thickens!-a Theory on this website mess!

@stevieb wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I hope they are paying the mods/customer service boku bucks-I can only imagine the email, calls, etc. flooding them about this latest mess.

The phone folks, yes, the mods, not so much. They probably have less to do with this mess ongoing, as there are fewer threads and posts to, uh, 'edit'. Moreover, unless they are, as you suggest, getting a slew of emails, they've been pretty much a non-presence on the boards as related to this latest problem.

@stevieb   Most folks do not realize the mods have nothing to do with this mess anymore than they realize CS cannot help them.

That's the point-complaining to CS and/or mods is useless.

I sure wouldn't like to be in CS right now and actually the mods seem to be MIA.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I hope they are paying the mods/customer service boku bucks-I can only imagine the email, calls, etc. flooding them about this latest mess.

The phone folks, yes, the mods, not so much. They probably have less to do with this mess ongoing, as there are fewer threads and posts to, uh, 'edit'. Moreover, unless they are, as you suggest, getting a slew of emails, they've been pretty much a non-presence on the boards as related to this latest problem.

@stevieb   Most folks do not realize the mods have nothing to do with this mess anymore than they realize CS cannot help them.

I sure wouldn't like to be in CS right now and actually the mods seem to be MIA.

@Cakers3 

Pretty sure someones passing the complaints on but whethr it is falling on deaf ears is what counts....yep, I have feeling this is the beginning of the end of the Forums....hope not, but looks like it.....😥

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3 

Pretty sure someones passing the complaints on but whethr it is falling on deaf ears is what counts....yep, I have feeling this is the beginning of the end of the Forums....hope not, but looks like it.....😥

@Spurt   I agree we are heading to the final destination.

I had posted last week I had a lot going on and would be back later.

When I came back this week I saw the mess and didn't even bother, figuring I'd give it a day or two. 

I signed in after seeing some posts about the issue and sure enough it doesn't look good.

Honored Contributor

I have seen a post removed today for being "political" so I guess the mods are still around.

Or else somebody snitched and the post was not even read, just removed.

Who knows. 

Esteemed Contributor

At first I thought it was something experiental on my part.  I am a poster who really doesn't shop at the Q.  I thought they may have wanted to me to pay to play sort of. LOL.  Not likely true at this point.  Though, I still get the Special Offers & Finds For You on the bottom of this mangled website.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I personally think that these forums are coming to an end.  This happened last year and it took weeks to fix it only because they decided to keep the forum going.  

Yes, I agree.  I think once people realize this, it will be a free for all here.....

I personally, will not join in, however.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I personally think that these forums are coming to an end.  This happened last year and it took weeks to fix it only because they decided to keep the forum going.  

Yes, I agree.  I think once people realize this, it will be a free for all here.....

@gertrudecloset   I am not sure what you mean by a free for all but I suspect that there will be no notification-just one day all of this will be gone. We will not have a chance to say good-bye or post good wishes for everyone's future.

If there is time to post, it will not matter who stirs the pot.  It did not matter before and it will not matter now.  People will not be banned from shopping anyway.

Although I am not always in agreement with you, I did enjoy posting with you and no need to reply to that statement.  Just my own observation.

Trusted Contributor

I'm being impacted by this now as well.

I am unable to order on Firefox, but I can use the Forums without any issues.

I AM able to order on Chrome, but I CAN'T access the Forums on there.

At first I thought I was being locked out because of the easy pay disaster, but now I realize it's happening to so many people.  Very disappointing and somewhat confusing.  Oh well.

Frequent Contributor

I agree totally...website is a mess. Seeing posts one minute and I go back and they are gone. Also noticed things like Josie maran products are almost all gone. She had like 8 pages one minute and down to one now?? And she is very popular and sells tons. Is she leaving QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@gertrudecloset   I am not sure what you mean by a free for all but I suspect that there will be no notification-just one day all of this will be gone. We will not have a chance to say good-bye or post good wishes for everyone's future.

If there is time to post, it will not matter who stirs the pot.  It did not matter before and it will not matter now.  People will not be banned from shopping anyway.

Although I am not always in agreement with you, I did enjoy posting with you and no need to reply to that statement.  Just my own observation.

Oh sorry, I need to clarify.

Simply put, @Cakers3 subject matters that are forbidden all up in through this forum.  That's what I meant by a free for all.  People just itching, on the edge of their seat to spout their religious believes over others, talk politics, talk about minorities and other non Eurocentric groups.  I've read a lot of not so nice comments on these forums.  This was way before I even joined.  Some have been allowed to remain when they were extremely controversial and should have been zapped.

Human behavior being what it is any little thing here can turn into a zapped thread.  I have no doubt that if it ever came to a free for all with no moderation (just before they close these forums) it will be ugly....

My personal observations is all.